Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rock N Roll and Cat-Logic

I'm not a big fan of cats. Didn't say I hate cats but I'm always skittish around them. I'm a dog person. Dogs are more friendly and are loyal, cats will use you and abuse you when vulerable.

I don't have dogs of my own but I consider Chelsea, the wondering black lab across the street to be my very own. She loves coming over, getting her belly rubbed and we sometimes play around the yard before I need the oxygen tank or a chiropractor. My parents have a smart German Shepard, Maggie May this dog can sense a thunderstorm two states away. I don't have any pets of my own here at home simply of the fact that I cannot care for them twenty four seven. But Cheslea knows that this neighbor has dog treats and usually waits, sits down and sticks out her paw (Miss Lefty) and so I give her a couple when I think it's time to her to go home. Lovely dog but she's getting to be 8 years old and like me, getting a lot of gray around her belly.

My best friend Russell married a fine woman in Debbie and she's truly a cat fan. When she moved out here she has two cats of her own. Lucy was one of them and we did okay till I was petting her and she slashed my thumb and it bled for about an hour. In the times they have been together they bought three cats, Cosmo later Smoochy and Don Julio, the latter two who had to be put down due to a fire last year. Cosmo and Julio both loved me in ways that everytime I go over there one or the other would sit on my lap for a while. And then the alpha cat is none other than Smokey, the ten year old grey cat who a split personality that reminds me so much of my last GF Isabella, nice at times but watch out he could turn on you. And you don't do that to a skepital person such as me. I know a couple years ago when we went out for my birthday party, Smokey was rubbing around my leg and then all of a sudden was trying to bite me kneecap than ran away. Since then, I haven't totality forgiven Smokey of this and started calling him Psychocat. He's doing better, probaly of the fact he's Alpha Cat and the only one at home, a lot more nicer but once he gets on you, thinks you're a pin cushion and drive his nails into your body. He also likes to climb up you and bite you on your ears too. He does that to Russ or Debby but he doesn't do that to me, he don't have the chance.

Kinda reminds me of Lovey, the female cat that has her own building at my brother's car repair shop. She talks to you, purrs and sometimes does the things that Smokey does and I'm thinking this is the perfect cat for Smokey but Lovey would rule the roost.

Russ and Deb always tries their damnest to pawn cats on me but I keep telling no. I said no to Cosmo, no to Lucy, no to Sid and definly no to Smokey although I'm sure that cat would have a field day out in the area. But there would be guide rules for our fellow pussies to follow. I have a waterbed so that pretty much keeps them out of the bedroom or get their claws removed. Tempermental people should not have cats since cats are tempermental too and if one decides to lay their claws into myself and hiss they might be thrown out the door. There's a few people I know that might be a worthy girlfriend but they have cats and basically it's love/hate for me and the felines so I keep it plutonic and say no to any more advancement. It's easier to win over somebody that has dogs than someone with cats. And the rewards are better too.

With the floods of last year, this city of CR will have a cat explosion. Lots of abandoned or empty houses, plenty of cats to hang in there and keep the mice population in control. And I'm sure somewhere in this town or even out here with all the junk cars my brother has around we might even have one of two kittys that might consider this to be their home (wrong em boyo). As I told Russ, I'm not against people having cats if that's what they want and as much as I like the ones that you have around here, I'm not into cats. I had one too many bad expierences with them and basically to keep the peace, better to have them someplace else, with people that will take care of them (although in this day and age there are idiots that can't take care of them take em out on in the country and throw them out to fend for themselves). Like kids, cats are wonderful when they're somebody elses.

I perfer Black labs more.