Friday, February 13, 2009

Crabb Bits: Sheryl Crow, Taco Time Closed Down

I hate Sheryl Crow.  Last time I ate at the now closed Taco Time on Tuesday they were playing Soak Up The Sun, and then on Friday when I had to go to CiCi's Pizza instead guess what they were playing and guess what got stuck in my head this morning?  Geezus the torture never stops, especially when you have so many tunes and the only one you hear is Sheryl fucking Crow.  Good thing I don't work at a restaurant with the satellite radio tuned to Overplayed Crap of the 90s on.  I'd make the evening news the hard way.

I stopped in the Taco Time driveway for a bit to look over the closed shop and things inside look as they were before.  Hoping that somebody will take it over and hopefully we can have TT once again, otherwise it's a long and barren drive to Ames.  And if that's the only reason to drive to Ames outside of seeing what Hastings doesn't have for music then I guess it's back to Taco Bell again.  I guess no matter had I ask Keith if he needed any assistance from me to keep it open, he'd probaly say no, nothing we can do about it.   Maybe being stuck back from the main highway had a lot to do with it, but if we think about it, there wasn't much in terms of  ads on the radio or TV about it.  Keith n Connie are good people but victims of the rising wave that is the Great Depression 2 and it seems to be getting higher.  And I wonder if we're high above ground not to get caught up in that tide.

 I just ate there Tuesday and when I went over there today before going to work, I found that the Taco Time had all the shades pulled and everything dark inside.  I guess it was bound the happen.  The last few times I ate there I was the only person in there and I figured that Keith Miller was looking a bit more worried each day.  I hope it's only temporary but if not, looks like if we want Taco Time we'll have to go to Ames or hop a plane to Portland or Seattle.

Geez.

Seems like every place I go to and enjoy eating there they always seem to close up.  Mi Casa is one, Moreno's is another and now we lose Taco Time.  Just two days ago I had dinner there and now going back up there it's gone.  Just like that.  I suspect that maybe being stuck in the back forty from Edgewood that location was hidden from view.  But I know that most of the time i ate there, I was the only one in there.  Perhaps they close in hopes of reopening when spring comes around.  Perhaps not, looks like Taco Bell won