Friday, October 31, 2008

Scariest Music Ever Made

In  the great tradition of Halloween, it's time to that special top ten that will freak you out more than Sarah Palin showing up your doorway.  Usually, at this time, I do celebrate the day by playing War Of The Worlds (to which is the 70th anniversary of that infamous broadcast of martians coming to attack and in the mist of an hour managed to take over the world, blow up the armies and destroyed the world only to be killed by antibodies within a whole hour) and sometimes put up a Halloween best of that celebrates the ghost and ghouls.  But in the meantime, trying to figure how to scare the hell out of people by putting a top ten from Hell.  And believe me, there's plenty of songs to choose from.

I've had some suggestions out there, Hoop writes to put in a word for Robert John's Sad Eyes which was a MOR hit back around 1980 but scares the neighborhood dogs with that hi falsetto that gives us images of the forthcoming of Jeff Buckley or that lead singer of flavor band of 2004 The Darkness.  But I will think of sticking with the original ten songs that will clear the room of sane people, or drive me out of the local thrift store if and when they come on. Again, your list of the scariest songs will vary but these ten Zombies will forever haunt your brain, if you let these earworms invade your thought pattern.  It's so easy to add a Mariah Carey song with her twenty octaves and she uses them all on the chorus, or Britney Spears who can never sing and after ten plus years is still around to torture the F out of us.  I'd add a Sheryl Crow to this mess but I tend to agree with her on some things of life so she is spared but that doesn't mean that I will run to the door if I hear her damn songs at Arby's.  Or Carrie Underwood, the manufactured country artist if there ever was one.  Or Mike Bolton, or Kenny G?  Oh we can go on and on but these ten songs that are in this list are the ones that I will forever associate with being in Halloween Radio Hell.  And will forever leave me screaming for a stake through the heart whenever I hear them.  You want We Built This City on this list?  Make up your own please.
 
And now in terms of Halloween we gonna set you up with the Scary Top Ten.
I mean these songs are so scary, they will stand your hair on end.
 
Don't say I didn't warn you.
 
1.   My Heart Will Go On-Celine Dion (ARRRROOOOOOO)
2.   Take On Me-A Ha (OOOOOOOOO earworms from hell)
3.   Broken Wings-Mr Mister (can it be that 1985 was the scariest year ever for this? Will somebody shoot this tuneless bastard now?)
4.   You're Having My Baby-Paul Anka (somebody bring a exorcist)
5.   Boot Scoot Boogie-Brooks N Dunn (BOO dammitt)
6.  Afternoon Delight-Starland Vocal Band (EEEEEEK)
7.   Feelings-Morris Albert (Somebody please make it STOP)
8.   You Light Up My Life-Debby Boone (the inspiration of My Heart Will Go On)
9.  Do You Hear What I Hear-Vanessa Williams (just because it's Halloween doesn't exclude that there are annoying Christmas songs out there, Xmas is coming)
10. And if you read this far
BOOOOOOOOO!
Torn Between Two Lovers-Mary McGregor  (DIE DIE DIE)
 
and watch out for wrong way spooks OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB.
 
Happy Halloween everybody
 
From RS Pumpkin Bars Crabb