Monday, August 4, 2008

Crabb Bits: Sony/BMG bye bye Fuzzface

This year sucks.   Last night on the way home, the brakeline in my brother's car snapped in two after I had some dumbfuck possom in the roadway and trying not to hit the fucking thing ended up getting the brakes messed up.  Pretty much goes with the way things have been going on here.  I should get my car back by the end of week.  It probaly has about another year's worth of driving left before I have to replace it.  Damn Iowa winters will do that to your car, rust it out.  I am getting tired of varmits on the highway trying to commit suicide and trying to use my ride.

I have over 5000 cds in my collection but the only fucking songs that I have been hearing of late, is nothing than The Moody Blues remasters to which I like but I don't like hearing the same fucking three songs over and over in my head.  I know I have played other CDs, why the hell is it that i only hear the same damn shit in my head on continuous play?!?

I think I might be losing it.  I heard the new Jessica Simpson song Come On Over and I think it's not too bad.

Sony is buying out BMG's shares of Sony/BMG and will be known as Sony Entertainment to which there will not be anymore BMG to contend with.

Somebody stole Iggy and The Stooges gear in Canada couple nights ago.

We managed to avoid the major storms last night which stopped the Cubs game Monday night.  It got dark around five oclock but it didn't rain down here,  it did though up at home judging by the mud puddle outside the house.

Gas prices are at 3.69 here.

What is it with these old geezer rock stars growing goatees and beards?  Next in line of the fuzzfaces, Jackson Browne.  If I start growing a face full of Brillo, kill me.  Nothing more sexier than some out of touch brillo face.  Touch of gray makes you that much older dood.  Didn't work for Jerry Garcia either.
I've read a interesting article about The Pink Spiders, a Nashville pop band.  They made a independent release that got them in a bidding war and they signed with Geffen, got produced by Ric Ocasek and then, like any other struggling band get shot down in a load of red tape BS.  I think I did a review of them, which I can't find anywhere now that I didn't think much of the album, Tom Lord/Alge stuck such a godawful remix that I downgraded it a couple notches and found no songs that stood out.  Sad to say, the band is down to one original member, the two others moved back to Nashville to work in another band.  Kinda reminds me of that movie Rock Star.  The Link to the story here.
http://nashvillescene.com/2008-07-31/news/oh-what-a-mangled-web-we-leave/

They weren't the first to get screwed by the major labels.  They won't be the last.