Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crabb Bits:Sonic Bye Bye, Kris Allen, Ratings,

On the subject of:

Sonic:

Last month they closed the one on 33rd, this week, Sonic closed all of the drive ins up in our area.  The NE side of CR, Waterloo and Coralville also closed down.  Perhaps it wasn't cost effective for Sonic to open up them in a cold weather winter time.  Which means that the Sonics beyond the 32 degree line will continue to stay in business as well as the majority of them down in Arizona.  But I don't forsee me jumping into a airplane and going all the way down there for a Sonic Burger.  I'm sure whatever closes, a McDonalds will be opening up in that area.

The McDonalds across the interstate was the one I usually went to during lunch, since they played oldies from the past but unfortunly new management has switched the music over to that crapass top forty bullshit of bad singing and Kris Allen puke inducing Live Like Your Dying, to which visions of taking a gun and eating a bullet hopefully will stop that GD song from playing in my head ever again.  More American Idol shit from the folks at 19 Music.  Don't understand the big logic of this song, Tim McGraw's version was at least tolerable but Kris Allen thinks he can rap and sounds like bad 311 to it.   Don't have a problem with Kris Allen but his song selection I do.  Next to Daniel Powter's Bad Day to which you can't escape that when the NFL uses it for their bullshit fantasy commercial.  We have so much music and so many outlets but it's all hampered by Clear Channel/Cumulus Radio's shit playlist and crap from 19 Records, the official label for things played in Hell. Nevertheless, KDAT will be more than happy to play you Live Like You're Dying or Bad Day at some point per day.

With the lack of postings from the Groove Sandwich or some of my other favorite go to places to read for blogs, I'm beginning to wonder if the Blog biz is even worth posting anymore.  Ratings wise we're very good to go, this will be our second best viewed month ever (Thanks everybody) with four blogs of the month making the top 10 most viewed of the week but overall the whole month is a different story.  With The Rock And Roll And The Brains over 600 views this month, from various sources.  Too bad this doesn't translate into Universal reissuing any Brains albums anytime soon but they'll be happy to give you overpriced expanded editions of cd's I already had have in my collection.  A far drive down second place and we have the Brian Howe Bad Company years blog (which had help in the Domur Ru uprising in getting to second place).  Had I not modify that it wouldn't even be in the top ten.  After all nobody cares about the Brian Howe Bad Company era anyway.    The top ten of the week have their usual 10 to 15 views from the faithful but none have been groundbreaking from Sick Of Summer or the Alternatives top ten. Or Ides Of March.  As always I'll continue to renew the top ten on a month by month basis.  Best of 2011 crept into the top ten but at 65 views pales in comparison to the previous two years and nobody even read the 2008 one!   But the Crabb Bits of Mel McDaniel and Paul Revere made it within two spots of Sick Of Summer blog is now bounced out of the top ten.  Probably due to a bogus spam link such as Domur Ru.  Oh well, such is life but while things crash and burn, the Brains Blog continues to sky its way from the competition and into uncharted territory.  Now if somebody can FF the link to Andy McKie at Universal and tell him there's 2600 views from people that want to see this CD release before we're all dead and gone.

More stuff forthcoming is the continuation of Music Of My Years, The Lincoln Years and another top ten of the week.  And then take the month off to start working on the new Townedgers project.  It's kind of hard to juggle work along with music and time with the other half and blog about about things that mean something to me and to a select few of you.  Everything takes effort and time to get it going.  As we get up in years, things do die out due to lack of interest, even though the blogger still thinks it may lead to something better.

To me, recording a good album takes about 2 to 4 weeks at least to make it sound presentable.  Kinda hard to do it when my mindset is on the latest top ten or news story to blog for my followers out there (all four of you).  So next month, we'll try to seek out the best of the back years as we try to record a new album of new material for the first time in just about 4 years.  But I will still be around to keep an eye out on news that might make a difference.

So there.

4 comments:

drewzepmeister said...

I've have wondered if people were in the blog biz anymore. I've noticed some of my favorite sites like The Rock Doctor, Darrin's Review Revue, Brett's Tonal Memories, Martin's Music Obsessive, Barbara's Layla's Classic Rock and Jeff's Imagine Echoes either shut down or moved on to other things like Facebook. Honestly, I have thought of doing the same at times. The problem for me is, I enjoy writing stuff, something I can't do on a Facebook account.

I think the main issue folks leaving blogging is the time it takes to write up a blog post. In Facebook, everything is more abridged and more simpler.

As for Sonic...There is one up in Milwaukee about 20 minute from here. Never tried it...

R S Crabb said...

Hi Drew.

Always thankful of your support and yes although I do have a FB page, I still enjoy writing blogs for here as well. I don't forsee giving it up althought, like cd bargain hunting that's impossible for me to do but sometimes a blog will strike a chord or nerve with somebody out there. But in order to write a decent album of new music I need a few weeks away to focus my energies on that. For blogging usually takes me a good hour or two to write something up.

Sonic is more geared toward the warmer states and though I don't mind a Sonic Burger or two from time to time I wouldn't make a special trip to Milwaukee to have one. They are a step up from McDonald's. Cheers!

TAD said...

Oh, I don't know -- I might post MORE if I had more time, more energy, more stuff I thot might be of interest to people -- & if I didn't feel like I'm talking to myself a lot of the time. But I can't see me STOPPING. Ever. Someone can take over my blog when they pry my cold, dead laptop outta my hands....
...Looking forward 2 that album, Crabby. & keep it up with the nostalgia pieces, they're Good.

TAD said...

...Hey, & I'd READ (& comment on) more music blogs if I could find more good 1's -- meaning 1's where I like the writing & can relate 2 the topics & intrests & stuff. I look at about a dozen blogs a day as part of my "routine," but I'm always up 4 finding more good stuff. You'd think there'd B a lot more good 1's out there, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places....