Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Little Remodeling.

If you haven't noticed already, overnight I have changed the title of this place from Thoughts of R. Smith to R S Crabb Music Review & Top Ten Site. I really wanted to do that much sooner than now but stumbled upon how to do it last night. On the old sites I'm known as The Crabb or Da Crabb or RS Crabb and some of the oldschoolers thought that I should return to that. The old schoolers don't like change very well. One year I changed my chat name from Crabby to Townedger and freaked everybody out to the point I rechanged it back to Crabby. So I guess I'm stuck with it.

And so are you.

Some things of note: The highlight of the month was hearing from The Real Brooksie in the month. I know she's very busy with work but when she was reviewing and writing her blogs I made it a habit to read her insights. Last time we actually chatted, she was more into satellite radio side of things and The Grateful Dead channel. I did borrow one of her blogs to post last year and I'm still working on getting her to do a new one, just for old times sake. She remains of my favorite bloggers. Thanks for stopping by and come back often.

To my Roostie fans, I haven't been on Multiply for the past month. Kinda forgotten about that place and it really got boring just to post and not get much response so after the Christmas one, never really returned back. I know its there but if there's enough interest to keep it going, let me know. Otherwise I'll be here.

Personal to TAD: The Townedgers is a band from Iowa that makes Low Fi recordings and were very active on the recording scene, with the classic period from 1991-1993 although the most recent recording came from 2008. But basically the leader of that band has spent most of his time going to pawnshops and used music stores and buying music and blogging about it. You can find their 1991 album Diamonds In The Skies from this link.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Townedgers

However, TAD if you want the most recent, stuff I forward a note to the band to see if they will send you out a copy of the most recent. Not available in stores though, or Best Buy although Best Buy don't have squat anyway for music.

So as they say, Pardon Our Progess while we do a little remodeling..... ;)

"I don't know what I'm doing. But I can't stop doing it." -- Patti Smith (sounds like my blog site too) ;-)

3 comments:

therealbrooksie said...

I like the Patti Smith quote ;-) And I really want to read her new book "Just Kids". Maybe I'll sell back the crap book I just bought from Amazon, which won the National Book Award, and get me a copy.

Thanks for your kind words about my top tens from the past too! You never know, I may come up with another one in the not too distant future. If I do I'll send it to yer email.

Still into the Dead, and their dedicated channel on my XM, but believe it or not I'm listening to a lot of traditional country lately. Man, it doesn't get any better than ol' Hank, Lefty, Ray Price, Webb Pierce, etc etc.

And my dad came up to visit a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to listen to the Sinatra channel on XM, and I've kept it as a preset; tons of great stuff there too.

Lastly, I dig the new title of the blog, it's most excellent!

Anonymous said...

Ce post m'a beaucoup aide dans mon positionnement. Merci pour ces informations

R S Crabb said...

Glad to help out.