Monday, November 1, 2010

McOttos, 2 Dollar Cds and whatever comes to mind

Observations from the forefront.

Sad news to report that McOtto's the famous restaurant off 151 and 64 in Anamosa burnt to the ground this morning. I usually went there if I made a stop at the Wally World there. Famous for good burgers, Happy Joe's Pizza (although more expensive than the one in CR) and their mexican platter, there is talk that they want to rebuild it somewhere down the line. The owner owned the Happy Joe's In Iowa City that got leveled by the Iowa City Tornado of 2006 and had the Coralville Happy Joe's destroyed by the floods of 2008, so he's no stranger to disaster. Thankfully the Subway and McDonalds were spared, McOtto's was a stand alone building so it didn't affect those and the Anamosa Motorcycle Hall Of Fame.

The last blog I wrote didn't turn out very well. The copy and paste made it had to read. In a nutshell it had to deal with me and some goth bitch named Dichelle Williams who bought a 2 dollar cd from me and then gave me a neutral rating due to the "jewel case that was broke as me and that's broke" comment. Which pissed me off big time. Sometimes you get amazon buyers who nothing but to give you bad reviews at the cheapest of purchases and I knew I was going to have trouble with Williams who sent a snotty email saying she knows how Amazon operates and that the post office wasn't open at midnight. To which I replied no shit sherlock. However she did get the cd in two days as I said it would be. First of all, every cd case I sent out isn't cracked or broken as Ms. Goth Williams claimed, that jewel case was one of the older case that don't crack. Perhaps it did get cracked in transit but once I mail it from the post office I have no control on the condition. I'm sure there's a local Wally World or Staples that do have replacement cases Ms. Williams I suggest you go get some. Or sell more DVD's in your shop since your knowledgeable with being a Amazon seller. Nevertheless, I return the favor and gave her a neutral rating in her comment box but be glad that I didn't give you a 2 or 1 for your attitude. And if your broke just like that so called broken jewel case perhaps you shouldn't be buying cds and annoying your fellow sellers with your goth girl BS. Looking back, perhaps I should have just refund the bitch her money and tell her to go troll somewhere else. And save the comedy comments for those who know comedy.

This is why I don't give out ratings anymore till I hear from the buyers. Got burned one too many times for giving them perfect ratings and they come back complaining about cracked jewel cases from post office gorilla's bouncing on them and USPS trucks running them over. A lotta hassle just for a 2 dollar cd.

Ran into Jim Kibler from the old Rock and Bach Music store at HP Books on Halloween and it was the first time I have seen him since they closed Rock n Bach. He says he now works at The Cellar Door on the corner of 1st Ave and 29th Street and they get a lot of consignment stuff. So perhaps I'll mosey up there and see what they have for bargains before the year is out.

Tomorrow it's Election Day which means after 8 PM we are finally free of the fucking political crap ads. Doesn't matter who we vote for, we'll get the same results from our elected officials. So basically I'm not voting for Democrats as much as I'm voting against the Republicans. In the meantime I'll return with the top ten of the week and more of the fun stuff that I'm famous for.

Whatever that may be.