Friday, September 4, 2009

Thoughts on a soggy summer

Soggy and Cold.

That has been the summary of yet another summer that never was here in the great midwest. Another summer of subpar cool tempetures and way too much rain. To the point that the grapes never even showed up and perhaps the grape vine either taking this year off or is dead.

I thought it was going to be a hot summer in June when I installed the AC into the window a week before Arizona but I think I only used it about 15 times since and will take it out this labor day to get ready for another winter. Yes, summer is just about history and it seems like it never even started here.

I do like this time of year although we lose daylight every two minites everyday and we lost about 45 mintes of daylight from the beginning of August. I'm sure we'll be in the dark come the end of the month. But I didn't like last week, of one stray raincloud and a stalled front that dumped a foot of rain in two days and ended up getting water in the basement once again. Droughts don't exist up here. We've had three months of above average rainfall and August was the wettest since 93. Nobody should get that much of rain in August.

So, it's the beginning of september, and we been dry for 7 whole days, a record upon itself and the weekend should be dry as well. Which means we get to expierence the corn moon cycle and hopefully next month when the harvest moon comes into view. I'm sure if the weather stays dry and nice we'll get to see it.

And be happy about it.