Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall and learning how to love again.

This is my favorite time of year.

I think it's simply of the fact that it doesn't rain as much and we get plenty of nice weather. Been a odd summer for sure, more like an extended spring, when it did get hot it was only for a few days.

There's so much going on in this life, bargain hunts, conversations with my GF, wondering if we going to have a job way things are going. The stress levels have been ungodly high, even for myself but I don't have that when I stay home. And the task of planning five days of St Louis, places to see and visit. Plus the usual blogging and still have not even gotten around the start of the new Townedger project. May have to junk it and do something to tie our fans over.

so much to do, so little time. Geezus where does the time fly? It was 10 years ago that I met Olivia, right around this time. We kept in touch over the years, she went on to marry, have a daughter and still lives out in Oregon and hates it. I wrote her to say that I now have a wonderful woman that I've been chatting with and she wished me all the best. That even solitary bargain hunters such as myself should have somebody to share your life with. Even with a willingness to play drums as well. Where was this woman at? Well she's been here all along, the biggest supporter of my music and my terrortorial bitchings of blogs.

This decade is my wilderness decade, the era to which I sleepwalked through the whole 10 years just coming and going to music stores and broadcasting it to the world. New Year's 2000 started out fun but things went downhill as the decade progressed....Bush/Cheney, 9/11 Bin Laden's bullshite, 5 dollar gas, the icestorms of 2007 and 2008, the Long winter of 2008 which became the waterlogged summer of the 31 foot surge that destroyed this town. Things that make me discouraged, seeing Isabella slowly killing herself with methodrone and knowing I couldn't do anything and then leaving on acrimonous terms. I kept busy with blog projects, continued to get in the car and go find more cds to the point that the house is coming off it's foundations due to too many cds. But that was what i wanted to do, never really wanted to get into another dead end relationship, never wanted to make an effort to love only to lose love in the end.

Strange how things turn out. Somehow I made my biggest music fan my A and R director for The Townedgers only to find out that she fell in love with me. It's mind blowing to say the very least even in my late stage of life. And she was here all this time.

When falling in bad relationships its hard to love again but she's been a big help in terms of getting me to learn how to love again. Or showing her my methods of madness of music collecting, or in the middle of night being imtimate, or taking her to Chain Of Rocks bridge since Crookton Pass Bridge is out of driving range. Why St louis? Because we met down there at a party nine years ago and thought that would be a good idea. And besides, my house is an embarrassment although if she did come by our way would have found a way to get it presentable.

In a week, we'll have three days to get to know each other in realtime and behind a computer. I'm sure it will be lotta fun regardless.