Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crab Bits: Baseball Playoffs, Beatles Reissues

For the second straight year I haven't gone to a CR Kernel game but did make it to game two of a best of three series with the Peoria Cubs and it was one of the most exciting games that I've seen.  They came from 8-3 deficent to win 9-8 on a bases loaded hit batter.  The Peoria Cub Chiefs, like their parent club couldn't find a closer to shut the team down, walking two batters before getting the next two out and then walked the next batter.  And then Mark Crawford got hit, forced in a run and CR goes on to play Burlington Sunday.  Guess I'll be there.

Bob Brenley was there watching his son Michael Brenley have a good night for the Peoria Chiefs.  May as well send him up to Cubs, he probably would do better than Soto.  Brenley is the Cub announcer and used to be manager for the Arizona D backs who beat the New York Yankees in 2001.  Brenley used to be catcher for the CR Giants back in the mid 70s and went on to a steller career in the majors with San Francisco and Toronto.  So basically it was a bit of a homecoming for Bob, who seemed to be a down to earth guy, talking with folk and signing a few autographs for those who wanted one.  He didn't stay the whole game, he had to jet back to Chicago to broadcast tomorrow's game.

I didn't see Kirk, our first shift boss but i think he was there.  But I did get stuck with the Stoopids behind me.  Somehow their son managed to snag three baseballs.  Gotta like the Peoria Chiefs for at least providing autographs and baseballs and a couple broken bats to the kids who stood over the dugout.  Alas, i had some buzzcut dood, having a few too many budweisers getting in my view of the action at times, plus had to scold a couple kids that my row is not a walkway.

If I never hear Blitzkreg Bop again it wouldn't break my heart.  I'm sure the Ramones Estate is rolling in the bucks for "hey ho lets go".

I wonder when people do the YMCA realize that's a gay song.

They didn't do the chicken dance which didn't break my heart either.

I long for the days that they didn't do musical overtures between pitches.

Other notes.

It hasn't rained in two weeks.  That doesn't break my heart either but it doesn't help my allergies either.  Or going out shirtless in the backyard and coming in and itching up a storm due to too many pollen in the air.  But I'm not going bitch about rain, this is what I want and we do have enuff moisture in the ground to keep things moist for another 10 days.

At work, the word is out that the bosses are going to start watching people a bit more closely about being on the internet.  Which means I must cut my internet time down big time, I don't want to be shown the door due to process of elimation and spending too much time on the net.  Despite what the government or CNN or MSN.com tells you we are still in a depression and good paying jobs are hard to come by.  So i may have to be drafted to go over to the dreaded packaging if there's nothing to print.  I know John my boss doesn't like that but I don't think he likes us blogging all night on the net either although I do consider that a part of my job, blogging things.


Wal Mart has the Beatles remasters at 13.88 and they're in the fucking digipaks so I'll just pick and choose the most needed of all things Beatles.  But I did pick up The Past Masters 2 CD set for 12.99 when BB had it on sale.  But then again, it's cheaper than going to fucking FYE and paying 21 to 25 bucks for a 2 CD Beatles white album or Anthology 2.  Speaking of FYE, maybe I will pay them a visit before St Louis.  The Hawkeyes are in Ames this saturday so getting to Iowa city won't be a pain in the ass, till you hit the damn red lights and want to get the fuck out again.