Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Top Ten Of The Week-Sassy Says

This week, we bring to you another guest star to our home of Top Ten Hits and then some.  Couple weeks it was TAD, this week is from Sassy Passey. 

Me and her go about 9 years to which we met in St Louis at a Mingles party and we managed to keep in touch since then.  A woman with a keen sense of humour and overall good sport, she has been the most dedicated to the causes of Crabb being in bands and music.  She offered up to do a top ten and I took her up on it.  Here's the end result coming from the mind of her.  The blogs all yours.



Ok, I decided to step up the plate and do a Top 10 for my friend Crabby, but since I got a little carried away, it’s now a Top 20! I think Crabby deserves an extra week off now.
Since I get to listen to some tunes at work, I downloaded some songs onto my little mp3 player. I'm glad I bought that mp3 player because there's times I wish I was Special Agent Jethro Gibbs from NCIS and 6 co-workers were Special Agents Anthony DiNozzo and Timothy McGee, but since I won't hit people I listen to my tunes. I'm glad Mr. Crabby does his top 10s because I find music I'd like to download to my mp3.
Anyways, here's my list that I've been rockin' out to at work.

1. Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams, CD: So Far So Good - 1993
After the movie that Kevin Costner was in Prince of Theives and Bryan came out with the song Everything I Do, I went out and got the cassette. DiggyKat was nice enough to sell me the cd which I'm surprised I haven't worn out yet. This is my favorite song off the cd. In fact, I'm surprised my head isn't moving up and down when I'm listening to this song at work.
www.bryanadams.com
www.myspace.com/bryanadams
http://twitter.com/bryanadams

2. I Fall to Pieces - Aaron Neville / Trisha Yearwood  CD: Rhythm Country and Blues - 1994
I like Patsy Clines version of I Fall to Pieces, but I love this version better. Trisha & Aaron's soulful voices together. I sometimes even sing to it. No Crabby I'm not joining your band because I'd crack a few windows and you'd probably need your hearing checked afterwards. lol
www.aaronneville.com    www.myspace.com/aaronneville504
www.trishayearwood.com    www.myspace.com/trishayearwood   

3. Lineman For the County (Whicita Lineman) - Dwight Yoakam  CD: ?? I don't have any idea, I got it elsewhere
I've heard the version that Glen Campbell does, but quite frankly I don't care for Glen that much. Heck I don't even like any of his other music. If it wasn't for Dwight doing this song I probably wouldn't be listening to it. Dwight seems to add his own little twang to it. And to think I use to do line dances with his moves to them! I don't miss line dancing one bit.
www.dwightyoakam.com   www.myspace.com/dwightyoakam

4. Hotel California - The Eagles    CD: Hell Freezes Over - 1994
I started listening to this song after a girlfriend of mine in high school told me she was from California and that she use to listen to it. So it became one of my favorite Eagles songs, still is to this day. Every time I hear this song I think of hanging out with my girlfriend back in high school and the crap we use to do the last 2 years of being in high school!
www.eaglesband.com      www.myspace.com/eaglesmusic

5.Drift Away - Uncle Kracker and Dobie Gray  CD: Uncle Kracker's No Stranger To Shame - 2002
I do love the original by Dobie and was happy when he came on to do vocals with Matt aka Uncle Kracker. Apparently my Dad knows Uncle Kracker's Dad and brother, how weird is that?  I started off liking Kid Rock and started following Uncle Kracker and his music because I can at least sing along to the most of his music. No Crabby, I'm still not joining your band. lol
www.dobiegray.com
www.unclekracker.com     www.myspace.com/officialunclekracker

6. I Believe In You - Don Williams  CD: Greatest Hits Vol 1 - 1998
I like the words to the song. I mean, how many people actually believe in stuff like they use to 20 years ago. Not very many. To be honest, I'm afraid to see what kind of kids are gonna be runnin' the planet in 20 years from now, I don't even want to think of that either.
www.don-williams.com

7. Blame It - Jamie Foxx   CD: I have no clue
Thanks to a co-worker of mine that I worked with earlier this year in a different place, she got me hooked on this song. The gal that I worked with, when she was in high school she was 13 or 14 years old and got to go to ....Paris.... to sing for someone important. So needless to say when we were at work we were able to listen to the radio and since we were the only 2 that would listen to it I said turn on whatever you want I'm flexible. This song would come on at least once a day and she'd be singing to it, so everytime I hear it I think of my co-worker singing and dancing. lol
www.jamiefoxx.com     www.myspace.com/jamiefoxx

8. You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth - Meat Loaf  CD: Bat Out Of Hell - 1977
Dang, the year before I was born and go figure I listen to Meat Loaf.  Of course, I wish he'd do a few more movies. I love the dude as an actor. I just wonder if he could do a Bat out of Hell movie with all his songs it it?
www.meatloaf.net     www.myspace.com/meatloaf

9. Dang Me - Roger Miller  CD: The Very Best of Roger Miller - 2006
I think Roger Miller was always a comedian when he sang, but he always did sing some good songs like Little Toy Train. I wish he was still alive because I would like to see if he would come up with more songs like this song. Of course, I might be a little warped, but who cares. lol
www.rogermiller.com

10.  We Will Rock You - Queen  CD: Which one do you want? I've seen it on many!
Ok, next time the Detroit Red Wings get to the Stanley Cup and win, ya'll will know why I like this song.
www.queenonline.com     www.myspace.com/queen
11. Free Falling – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers  CD: Full Moon Fever – 1989
This is just another song that I like rockin’ too. I don’t own it but listen to it whenever I get the chance. Of course, whenever it does come on I do turn the radio up or I’ll turn the speakers up on the computer.
12. Crazy – Aerosmith     CD: Big Ones – 1994
Ok, I first learned about Aerosmith compliments of Steve Tyler’s daughter Liv being in his music videos so I blame her for me liking Aerosmith. I do like Liv though, I think she’s done some good movies.  This is another song I don’t own but I like listening too.
13. Get This Party Started – Pink    CD: Missundaztood – 2001
I think everytime I hear this song I start moving a foot or my head. I know I downloaded this song, legally of course, but I know I need to own this chickie’s cd’s because I do really enjoy listening to her music.
www.pinkspage.com    www.myspace.com/pinkspage

14. Only God Knows Why – Kid RockI started listening to Kid Rock in the early part of 2001 and got to see him in concert. When I did see him in concert it was a couple months or so after Waylon Jennings passed away and right in the middle of his song he starts singing Waylon’s song “I’m a Good Ole’ Boy”  sang the whole song then finished his song. I think I had tears in my eyes because I missed Waylon really bad and I was just happy to hear the song again, but I heard it live. This song though, it’s the truth, and I probably listen to it the most.
15. Underground – David Bowie  CD: Soundtrack to Labyrinth with of course David Bowie
If you ask me, I think you can put on any David Bowie song from this movie and I’d listen to it. I think it’s time to watch that movie again, I’m glad I own it. I think I need to buy the soundtrack though so I can rock out to just the music.
16. Courtesy of the Red White & Blue – Toby Keith  CD: I dunno, I know I own it but I forgot  (Pull My Chain)
I’ve always liked Toby Keith and when he came out with this song, lemme tell ya I had to have it like asap. I gotta say between this song and American Soldier, these two are my favorite Toby songs.
17.In This Town – The Townedgers     CD: Ok Crabby I forgot, I know I own it though
Ok, I have a thing for the Townedgers.
18. I’m A Survivor – Reba McEntire   CD: I have no clue, never knew
I know my cousin Dawn is gonna box my ears for not knowing this since she’s the biggest Reba fan. I agree with the title of the song, I know I am a Survivor. I know I survived a lot of crap in my life, I know I’m gonna go through more.
19. I Walk The Line – Johnny Cash   CD: I Walk The Line – 2004
I heard a rumor somewhere that Johnny Cash wrote this song when June Carter Cash told him to pretty much straighten up and fly right. If that’s the truth I wish that most of the men would do what this song says, Walk the Line. And of course fly right that is…… lol
20. Luckenbach, Texas – Waylon Jennings with Willie Nelson at the end  CD: I dunno!  (Oi' Waylon)

I always use to see the commercial on TV selling this dang cd with all these old country songs and this one was the one that always use to keep playing over and over and over again. So what happened? I ended up getting the dang song because I got mad at the TV, go figure. lol At least I can listen to the song whenever I want now.
www.waylon.com    www.myspace.com/waylonhossjennings
Bonus
21. Ok, I know this is a Top 20, but go check out my friend DiggyKat’s bands, who knows you might enjoy his music:
www.myspace.com/wasteddayspunx