Monday, August 24, 2009

The thought process of a bargain hunter.

Moving towards the end of August and thankless job, it seemed that I waited too long to get to Madison and now it's just in time for football season which means if I went up there getting a motel rool would be out of the question or twice expensive. Used to be going to Madison is spur of the moment but now it's planned out just as much as going to Arizona. It's only a two and half hour drive but seems like I get wore out just thinking about it.

I got tired of the Match.com ads popping up everytime I read or update the blogs so I'm over here. I think this world tries to shove too much at you with the things you detest most. If I really cared I'm sure I would have gotten my very own match.com profile so I can oogle and annoy somebody else. But then again My Space is a dying website, lost it's popularity about two years ago and has become less blogger friendly.

For a music appericationist as myself it's even tougher to chat music with anybody anymore. Thought twitter would be the answer and it was for about a week, now my music followers are moving on to the next big thing. And perhaps I bared my soul a bit too much while chatting with my GF the other night. One emailed me and said I can still follower her tweets but she decided she had enough following me. And we did discuss music from time to time. Maybe twitter isn't the answer either. However I can't seem to block somebody called Adam Mitchell whose compuersleeze continue to fill up my inbox with the Blacktrack bullshit that I don't need nor want but every time I block this adam mitchell, he still comes back. Between him and Match.com it's been a big pain in the ass to discuss musical interests. So I'm thinking of canceling Twitter. Or just creating a twitter just for me and nicole so that we don't offend the easily offended.

And then there's Madison, to hook up with my bargain hunting friends at their Half Priced Books locations to sort through their bargain cds and see what i can find. History has shown that I have found a lot of oddities. And then later in September in St Louis with Nicole. St Louis does have a FYE and couple of bricks n mortar record stores too. Do I really need more CDs? Hell I got five stacks in front of me, I don't need more but continue to buy simply of the fact that I'm used to finding them. It's hard to understand the thought process of the bargain hunter who is myself and the things that I do.

It's been 10 years of the continuation of going to pawnshops, thrift stores, music stores and besty buy and finding more than I can share. The CD era is coming to a close, soon downloading will be the way of the world and the CD/Album music conessisor will have to special order to get a forty dollar vinyl album or Amazon.com for overstocks. I don't agree with MP3s or IPODs, they're not for me even though the masses say that I'm outdated and behind the times. I don't care, past history has shown that what I have found in thrift stores here have surprised me.

But time has a way of changing a person and the things he does. I have said that once I turned 50 that I would quit buying music on a regular basis. I'm sure Madison will survive on its own quite nicely. 10 years ago, the AZ bargain hunts would have not overwhelmed me like they did this summer. The mind is still willing but the body needs time to recover and I'm still recovering from two months ago in AZ.

Things change in life. I thought I'd end up being a loner reclusive. Thought I could continue to blog music and not think about anything else. A couple happened along the way; a cowoker died in May, she was a year older than me. Her liver failed but I think she gave up on life before she died. I had a 30th high school reunion of classmates that made me miss them and wished I could have been more of a outgoing person back then. I have a new GF in Nicole, a woman whose actually been a part of this life for the past decade. A long distance friendship that blossomed into a relationship before my very eyes the past couple weeks.

So I'm looking at things in a whole different perspective.

Life is a journey and everyday is a new chapter.