Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Crabb Updates: What I Missed, FTM, Mix 96.5 RIP

On the subject of:

Things that I missed in terms of new releases, I missed the Rainmakers' 25 On, which came out in March.  Steve Phillips is missed but Bob Walkenhorst picks up where he left off, not off the underachieving 1994 Skin but rather 1989's Good And Bad News....Radney Foster and Bill Lloyd regrouped for the first time in over 20 years It's Already Tomorrow, which is more power pop than actual country.  Then again Radney Foster can really do no wrong.  Bill Lloyd tends to go a bit overboard from what I have heard.....The Feelies Here Before, I had this on CD and it should be in my top 20 best of, but I overlooked it due to the digipak.

What to look forward in 2012.....New Van Halen simply of the fact of David Lee Roth back if and when it ever gets released, Interscope it's supposed to be on but I also heard rumours of it being on Columbia.  Also, new Alice In Chains, to which I did like Black Gives Way To Blue a lot better than Facelift or the Tripod album.  Black Sabbath on Universal/Republic later in the year if anybody is still around to hear it. 

Farce The Music has their most disappointing albums of 2011 and dammed if they had Roger Clyne and The Jayhawks in that order.  He also has the worst country singles of the year and they are horrible beyond belief, most notably that Kristen Chenowich garbage.  Fucking country dumb as ever http://www.farcethemusic.com/2011/12/most-disappointing-albums-of-2011.html?spref=fb

Farce The Music continues to be one of my favorite sites and me and him been a part of the Twitter and Facebook side of things.  And I enjoy kicking his ass on Bejeweled too! Bwahahahahahaha!  Nevertheless he's dead on country and Americana.  Don't agree with what he says sometimes but he mostly on the same page, given how boring the new Roger Clyne and Jayhawks albums were this year.

Tad's best of is here at this link http://tadsbackupplan.blogspot.com/2011/12/509-nothing-but-beast.html I must say I haven't paid much attention to Adele's 21 album, since everybody has given it widespread love but I'm sure I have heard Rolling In The Deep and wasn't that impressed with it.  TAD has been one of the biggest supporters of my blogs next to Drew's Odds And Sods and without them, my viewership would be about 100, most if not all coming from Domur Ru.


Green Christmas?  Yes it was here, no White Christmas, first time since 2006.  I wasn't complaining.

RIP Motorhead Sherwood, tenor sax player for The Mothers Of Invention.  He died on Christmas Day. Think I will play King Kong for a tribute.

Mark Prindle has announced that he is retiring from writing new music reviews at his website, claiming burnout.  Me thinks he'll be back eventually.  Hell, I been telling myself that I might get out of this too but everytime the new year rolls around, I'm back composing a Top Ten Of The Week.

Looks like we might hit 1,500 views and The Rock n Roll Brains Blog is over 2,000 views.  We get 500 more I'm going to contact the folks at Universal to reissue The Brains CD, since I believe that if they can print up as many CDs as many views that I'm sure they can sell them out.  Might even tell Andy McKie to take a look at the blog and see what he thinks.    The traffic sources continue to point out that Domur Ru is still leading the damn views, which makes me wonder if anybody does read them.  On another note the Domur Ru Blog has bypassed the Sick Of Summer Top Ten Blog like it was standing still and has it sights on My GF Thinks I Should Blog More Often.  On another subject, the Top Ten Alternatives is bout ready to drop off the charts...... Still getting a lotta traffic from Dumor Ru, but haven't clicked on that anymore but somebody is.  Thank you and fuck you Dumor Ru.

Another radio station format change, this comes on WMT FM  Mix 96.5, which is now known as KISS country and is simulcasted with the Anamosa radio station.  Credit Clear Channel for this big change.  It also means that Clear Channel will revamp 95.7 into something else although they might try for the classic country somewhat like 99.3 out of Dyersville.  Basically, I really don't need another New Country station in my car radio, I rather much go with 99.3 but their signal falls apart once you leave Anamosa and is spotty around Marion.  KKSY, the Anamosa station I do have on my stereo at home but only it's the only signal pickup here.  The baby boomers of today prefer country over whatever passes for rock music or autotuned top forty, they have no use for either and rap has alienated them cold.  So, it usually the overplayed classic of The FOX or the Craptastic KDAT, or the erratic KMRY.  Me, I go with my music collection.  Mix 96.5 has been Adult Comtempory  ever since changing from Muzak in the mid 80s and between Holloween and Christmas, the overplayed Christmas Crap.  Good riddence Mix 96.5, yeehaw KISS Country.

No comments: