Monday, August 1, 2011

Crabb Bits: Weekend wrap up, CDs Plus Gone Again, Ratings, MTV

Observations from the forefront:

Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend. Bubba Festus, the halfwit lawn mowing idiot ran over My GF's exposed Cable wire so her phone, internet and cable was out.   Amazing how the dumbfuck should have seen it but still decided to see how many places he could rip it up.  Idiot.  Took Nicole to Amana to see that tourist trap only to play race to the bathroom.  I think the heat had something to do with that.

Ratings were the highest last  month.  Final tally was 1,231 which beat last month by 3 views.  Most had to do with award winning Brains Blog to which if that does go over 1,000 views, Universal better reissue the damn album.  Gawd, if you get forgotten acts like Painter or hack RnB acts like Janice (made a obscure 1975 disco album for Fantasy) get their stuff on CD before The Brains something is not right here. What does one have to do to get something reissued?  2nd most viewed was last week's top ten, which also cracked the all time top ten.  7 of the 10 best of the month came from the last month and I only posted 10 times so perhaps they were better written or people were more interested in reading them.  Meanwhile Rock n Brains continue to scream toward 1,000 views and the mindless My GF thinks I should Blog Blog still holds third place.  It'll fit at home on MTV.com.

Saturday, paid my final respects to Rozanna Pusateri at her grave site to which he is buried next to her husband and Matthew.  I guess Dennis is now committed to the ages since he was cremated and didn't have a spot in the Pusateri plots although he may have been interned. Dennis was one of a kind but you had to meet Matthew, he was just as witty and funny too.  Just a fucking shame that his killer was never caught......

Nick Oliveri can't seem to stay out of trouble.  Since he got arrested he was replaced by Scott Reeder....who replaced Oliveri in Kyuss in 1993.

Funny how CD stores never stay in business.  Not too long ago, the folks at CDs Plus became the Media Exchange and moved into the old CD Warehouse building and now is history again.  Guess I won't get my free CD after all eh?  Nevertheless, on the second return, I did find the 2nd Wax UK, London Wainwright The Third Album 3 and the vinyl album of Jackie Lomax Is This What You Want when I did go up there.  Guess it's not 1992 anymore?  The year Disc Go Round opened up to become CD's Plus and later the desperate sounding Media Exchange.

Finally, thanks to my Big 3 supporters for their comments on MTV 30 and how they stink today.  We'll leave the last say from Mark Prindle who tells you.  "MTV hit the airwaves 30 years ago TODAY!  And last played a Good Video 26 years ago TODAY!

If you really care the first ten videos from MTV
1. Video Killed The Radio Star-The Buggles
2.  You Better Run-Pat Benetar
3.  She Won't Dance With Me-Rod Stewart
4.  You Better You Bet-The Who
5.  Little Suzi's On The Up-PhD
6.  We Don't Talk Anymore-Cliff Richard
7.  Brass In Pocket-Pretenders
8.  Time Heals-Todd Rundgren
9.  Take It On The Run-REO Speedwagon
10. Rockin The Paradise-Styx.




 

1 comment:

TAD said...

Crabbsta: Ah, more number games. I ended up with 782 pageviews 4 July, down 100 from June, but still my 3rd-best month ever.
But I still can't figure out why people look at some stuff & not others. The music posts REALLY seem 2 bring people out -- that "Alternate Playlist" thing I did got 2-dozen looks OVERNITE, & is the most-viewed thing I've posted in MONTHS. & that "Musicmagic" music-memories thing's gotten 2-dozen views in a week & 1/2. But some other stuff barely gets looked at, whether it's music-related or not.
1 week I had MANY more folks from the U.K. apparently looking at the blog than there were folks from the US. Which is all great, of course. But unless some1 comments I don't know if they're actually reading or just passing thru. As long as SOME1's reading....
If you ever make any more sense out of all this data, please let me know....