Sunday, October 24, 2010

Packaging

It's been a very slow time in the printing department where I work at so for most of the month we have been shipped out to packaging, a place where you stand on your feet for 8 hours and in my case pack books, used plastic wrap on them and ship them down the line to which I get to hear Mike bitch, moan sigh and make fun of me playing Bejeweled when I have time off.

Needless to say we don't like it there, neither does the rest of the printing crowd. But as they say it pays the bills an keeps the paycheck coming although I have saved enough to warrant a leave of absence if need be. Why is it so bad you ask well the attitude is different. The people down there while friendly at times, the majority of them look down upon us. The pretty girls there who are seniors, Wendy in particular. Who always seems when I look up she always staring at our way. Stand there look pretty Wendy, that's what you do best most of the time. Basically not my type of woman. When Mike decides to take a day or two off, my assistant is Abdullah, a guy that always has a goofy smile and laughs when you talk to him. I do like him but can't understand a single word he says. Brooke is our senior or Norman. Or Val. Brooke tends to bitch about the little things, where's your badge at? No open containers. Such petty things. Val is the more nicer. Norman oversees the NAEP booklet distribution and we do go way back to when Rock and Bach music was open and he told me that he used to hang there for hours. I seem to recall him but back then I think he had a mullet. Ended up marrying Jim Hanson's daughter. They got divorced later. I ran into her at HP Books once and she remembered me, but I didn't know her. She didn't have much good things to say about their union together. Norm is the biggest Chargers fan in the building, even more than I am. I think he was so mad about them losing to the Rams that he didn't wear anything Chargers for four days. I haven't worn anything Chargers at all this season which is how bad they suck this year.

We hate the fact of being in Packaging of the set rules down there. 10 minute breaks, five minutes doing exercises that don't work and then having a early lunch at 7. God forbid if you don't get there on time or five minutes late but then again Jeff Pauley hasn't bothered me at all so far. But see the look on Cindy's face or Miss Congeniality known as Wendy after doing a walk around a building or take a dump and coming back to miss exercises. But so far they hasn't said a word but I do noticed them as they stare and probably complain to one another. No wonder my back feels funny, must be all that backstabbing that they do.

There's a temp lady named Tammy down there. She's a big girl, reminds me of my GF, kinda looks like her too except of the fact that Tammy smokes way too much and mine don't. Told her
that I do not date smokers. When you have to deal with the puffy puffers everytime you go out walking or go past a bar or get behind some asshole smoker in the car or SUV in front of you, you too would say no to smokers. So basically in a nutshell I told her nope I don't date workmates nor smokers and I have a GF, don't need anymore than one. Thank you and get back to work.

Bill, our senior had to pull books and by the end of the first day his back was killing him, by friday he took the day off. I'm sure he can't handle all that work and end up going home with a sore back, a pissed off attitude and boot feet. Could be worse, you could come home, with boot feet, sore back and smelling like burnt plastic. I hate to say this if this is the wave of future and we can't get any printing work soon, we'll be stuck over there the rest of the fucking year, to have to deal with Wendy and sit there looking pretty and doing nothing. Or hearing some other of them stressing to make rate and me telling them the way it is. We'll make it if it ain't some out of the stratosphere figure, or better yet, having to sign in with Tandy making a comment about not having a time sheet ready for him or why my badge don't have barcodes. I can really do without this kindergarden shit. Show me the work, let me do it and leave me alone. Then we'll all get along.