Monday, October 18, 2010

Davenport October Bargain Hunting Notes

Took the day off, went to Davenport to look for more things I didn't need.

Stopped in Lowden to visit Ben's grave.  hard to believe he's been gone for over two years.  He finally has a headstone and his picture on it.  Has a nice view of Lowden.

Number of trains seen on Highway 30 to and from Davenport, Zero.

At the Moline Salvation Army, they had animal control in there trying to catch a runaway cat.  I don't think they caught it, it may have ran out the door.  But I did see Mr Pussycat darting around the area.

Walking on the biketrail on the Davenport side of the Mississippi, I saw something in the water drifting towards shore and it was a snake!  Threw a nice boulder at it and watched it get knocked out for a bit before retreating back over the illinois side of the river.

The old Fuddruckers' is now a TGIF Friday's.

Mister Money in Moline suprised me with 50 cent cds and found a whole bunch of Ventures and Bobby Vee CDs.  Im sure if I don't need them somebody out there will want them.

CO-OP Records in moline has the worst selection of 8 dollar cds.  A lotta of old 90s crap bands that nobody cared about in the first place.  Since i found a lotta cheap CDs at Mister Money I didn't see the need to go to CO OP in Davenport or the Moline FYE.

Went to Los Rodeo for mexican tonight and should have went to Cracker Barrell instead.  They had a damn football game at the Brady Street Stadium and when I got done with supper, the game was over.  Took about 20 minites to get the hell out of town.

Was treated to a beautfiul sunset along the Mississippi.  Think I spent too much time at the Moline CO OP, was there a hard to believe two and half hours.  And didn't find much for music at the Salvation Army.    Somebody must have donated their collection that was in the flood, too much mold, mildew and yuck to consider  them.

A fun trip,  good weather, not too buggy and around 60 degrees but i did forget my damn jacket but had a long sleeved shirt on so didn't freeze.  Would have been much more fun if I had my other half with me.  Bargain hunts aren't much fun when the one you love isn't around to see them ;)