Monday, January 18, 2010

Coralville-FYE Finale

Bargain hunts are not going to be the same with the closing of the FYE store in Coral Ridge. Today, I made my forth and final trip to FYE, to within a week they will close their doors forever and we will lose another music store.

Funny how FYE was very expensive in their time around but when they have 50 to 60 percent off their stuff, you can stock up like I have. But the feeling inside FYE is like going to a funeral. It has that deathlike atmosphere and we're just paying our final respects to it. I'm still can't believe that FYE was doing that badly, I thought they were doing quite well till when me and my GF went there.

Used to be that they had three rows of new and used cds but now it's half empty and most of the stuff has been picked clean although I did find a import copy of UFO's Force It half priced. And other used stuff for 60 percent off.

In defense of FYE, I did find some used cds of note in the 12 years that I have gone there, stuff that I wouldn't find at Best Buy and also found the Slade In Flame DVD for five bucks a half year ago. But of course, nobody cares about paying 20 bucks for a cd you can get for 15 bucks or less at Best Buy. But Best Buy doesn't do trade unlike FYE. So I found about 12 cds to take home and review and as I left the doomed place, a heavy fog started to desend, making the trip home very foggy. Perhaps a fitting finale so to speak. Nevertheless, I'm sure there's more profitable FYEs still in business although perhaps a few more will be on borrowed time. So long FYE in Coral Ridge...It's been good to known you.