Monday, May 11, 2009

Crabb Bits: Purple POS, Steven Bruton RIP, Wanda Sykes

Hey, I'm still around.  Unfortunely Old Purple may have ran it's last course.  Coming home from work,  the car was so rusted out that the shock broke through and killed one of my tires, the one that I got from Wisconsin. 267K, old Purple has lasted longer twice longer than any other car that I ever had.  Of course my brother thinks that it can be welded for more miles but I think it's time.  I've spend many an hour and many a cd jamming to the tunes in there.  It's not something I want to drive any potential girlfriend around (not that will happened anytime soon), 15 rough winters rusted the hell out of it.  Of course it's always the wrong time for something to die, Texas weekend is coming up and I'll be working both saturday and sunday again.  Don't know about going to the desert this year.  Maybe never.  I've been having some massive headaches and may have to go get checked out.  May have to put band projects on hold if the headaches keep persissting.

Ain't it amazing when things go to pot everybody comes out in droves?  When Old Purple broke down and waiting for my brother to help this helpless fool to revive it, I noticed a whole bunch of gawkers and their SUVs sticking their necks out watching.  To which I place a curse and hope the same thing happen to them in the future.   But I thank the kind folks at The Longbranch hotel for letting me use the phone.  The fucking pay phone by Michaels was on the fritz again.  Yeh, I know I should get with the times and get a cellphone but I still remain old school.    I may have to go check out whose got the best deals and not out to pop me in the ass like most of them do.

As always I'll be back with more observations and the top ten later in the week, but gotta get back to Farmtown and waste a couple more hours.  Schwanzlutscher; a good word for Mr. Cheney and Rush Dimbulb.

RIP Steven Bruton, Austin songwriter and producer at age 60 from cancer.


and bonus Crabb points to Wandy Sykes for this witty comment.

I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight.

Why is it that Rush can say he hopes American fails and continue to make 30 million a year for such rhetorc and when Wanda Sykes lays it into him she gets censored.  Hmm talk about the NWO.  Hell I'd hire Wanda for her observations since they're more dead on then the big fat Oxycoding snaffing idiot.  Class dimissed.