Tuesday, April 29, 2014

That's It For The Other One

As they say for a beginning there's a end. For an end there's a beginning.
 

A collection of links for you to check out.



http://rscrabbmusicconsortium.blogspot.com/
Strictly music related about bands and albums of note.

http://negligibleinterest.blogspot.com/

2000 Man's albums of note.

http://tadsbackupplan.blogspot.com/

Tad's site of books and music.  He has been spending more time writing E books for Kindle but he does maintain this blog with some weekly insights as well.

http://only-solitaire.blogspot.com/

The biggest website of all, George continues to add two or three albums per day to this exhaustive site of the history of rock and roll and he just beginning to touch the C side of things. He has just about gotten finished with Bob Dylan's catalog.

https://www.facebook.com/billkopp.official
Bill Kopp amazes me.  He continues to keep tabs on the latest on reissues and had a recent interview with Graham Parker.  He has a website of his own too.  You can find it on his FB page. 

Finally:  https://www.facebook.com/markprindle

Mark continues to celebrate fatherhood and continues to get people's opinion on certain albums. His archives of his reviews are still up at www.markprindle.com.  And there's plenty more starving bloggers out there too, but these are the best ones I can think of at the moment.

And of course, a case of contradiction Mr. Lefsetz. His credibility keeps going out the window with each new blog, the Luke Bryan song perhaps the nadir.  Ya like that crap go on Bob, but keep us out of it. http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/ 

Or You can just skip it over ;) http://musicmachinery.com/2014/05/02/the-skip/



5 comments:

TAD said...

Crabby -- I am bummed about this, but I know the feeling. Please come on back any time you want to rant and rave. And take care of yourself. You're the best, man.

2000 Man said...

Bummer! I hope ya stop by and write stuff you're thinking about once in awhile. I'd like to say I have tons of people reading my blog, but I don't. I don't really care, though. I'm not as prolific at it as you, and I only do it for me. If I tried to stay on a schedule it would be too much like work, and I already have a job.

Happy hunting in the bargain bins!

R S Crabb said...

After 10 and a quarter years trying to think up a top ten and commenting about the music world, I really think I went above and beyond the call of duty trying to keep this thing going without much fanfare. Of course ya have to do it for yourself since it don't pay the bills. Seeing 12 views only for the Brother Leon Playlist being in favor of the archival favorites (Dennis Farina, My City Is Gone, Cirumstances Beyond Control) turned out to be the final last straw, although I continued on. Like 2000 Man said, this became work and hardly no fun, which is why I'm taking time off.

Fear not, I'm still around. Life does go on and I'm still reading both Tad' and 2000's latest happenings and continue to support them, just like Groove Sandwich and Jeff Higgins' endeavors. I'm still out and about, finding the weirdest stuff in the bargain bins (Les Crane' Desdemona?) but also a Grand Funk CD from Japan. It's what I do best.

But I'm done with the top tens and the playlist and the eye candy. Not even Ivy Doomkitty could save the ship this time around.

Dear TAD, thanks for kind words, I'm sure there's a few more prolific bloggers out there and more outrageous. Even though Bob Lefsetz is a senile old coot who tries to pal up to the latest inventions and (ugh) Bro country, I still enjoy some of his blogs,although I have passed over the majority of them. Even though he says he's one of us, I doubt if we'll be going out to supper anytime soon.

But I wouldn't mind a snack out to Taco Time either (provided if i get over this flu). Cheers!

drewzepmeister said...

Sorry, too see ya go. You have been a regular read for some time now (Even though I don't comment much).

Sad to say, music blogs are dead. Barbara's Classic rock, Seano's Circle of Fits and many other blogs that I have followed have fell on the wayside collecting dust. Life got in the way, I guess. Same happened to my Odds and Sods. Between working overtime, finding time to spend with my girlfriend, my family, her family, my passion for birding and other social media, got overwhelming. Something had to give... So Odds and Sods fell.

Other factors were the lack of interest by both myself and the general public, my piss poor typing skills (believe me, I'm cursed typing at a snail's pace) and coming with new ideas (Seriously, how many blogs do I need to write about Led Zeppelin or Rush?)

Anyways, I'm still floating around the net (When I'm not out in the field, birding or working). I'm still one of the many writers on the JT Irregulars. I post my birding photos regularly on my Flickr page and Facebook. (Check them out if you want).

Hope you do come back, Crabb. I did really enjoy your perspective on music and I learned much from reading here!

Happy Trails in whatever you do!

R S Crabb said...

Thanks Drew!

After 10 plus years of doing this regularly and seeing less and less returns (gone from 4400 in Dec to under 1800 last month) it has got to the point that I had covered anything and everything that I had set out to do. You dedicate about 3 hours time to write up a weekly top ten and fight the keyboard to type the right words and letters and the Blogspot ratings showed less than a handful actually read them. Perhaps I took much stock in the ratings system and took it too much to heart. Or maybe got taken in by the big December ratings boom, whereas that i'm sure over 75 percent of them didn't even read the blog they chose.

But I always had a loyal small circle of friends that continue to support this blog and kept me going. And sometimes hearing from actual musicians themselves was a thrill upon itself. A lot of things happened in this decade and four months of writing about it and most is still documented here at this site (although some of the more rowdiest entries are now lost in the wind due to MSN Groups closing the YardBird Roost where this originated from and of course My Space who lost the 2006 and 2007 entries. Screw them.

Rest assured I'll be around. Heck I even went out today and found a REO Speedwagon's first album on Japanese CD. As long as I'm still alive there might be more in the future. But for now, I'm basically burned out and in need of a vacation from the blog. As they say tomorrow is another day.

Cheers!