Saturday, April 28, 2012

More Pawnshop Finds Of The Week

Ever since I have been taking the player up to work to listen to all that I have acquired over the years, I still seem to have no problem of finding more stuff in the used bins at our local pawnshop or Half Priced Books.  Sometimes I do come across a stinker (Pinkard & Bowen Live) but once again I found a bunch more of hard to believe they got rid of that.

I'm supposed to thin my collection out but in the process what I get rid of, I replace with more.  It's too bad I can't trade some of the unwanted stuff for more time to listen to it all but we keep trying to impress ourselves of what is out there.  The majority of time we find a couple here or there but this week found some more time wasters.  Most  of them coming from the same owner judging by the scruff marks of some of them (he must have been using a car player for them).  As they say, envy me and be amazed what was thrown out.

Widespread Panic-Uber Cobra
Canned Heat Cookbook
Jimi Hendrix-Valleys Of Neptune
Hawkwind-Epocheclipse (The Ultimate Best Of)
Nick Lowe-Jesus Of Cool
Joe Perry Project-Once A Rocker Always A Rocker
Richie Furay-I Still Have Dreams
Little Feat And Friends-Join The Band
Moe.-Wormwood
Lonnie Mack-From Nashville To Memphis
Omar Kent Dykes & Jimmy Vaughan-On The Jimmy Reed Highway
Pinkard & Bowen Live

With the Tuesday's stuff, plus the new Jack White and Eve 6 CDs   22 cd's came into my procession so there was no shortage of music to listen to.  But it also means I need to clean house and get rid of a few more things.........

4 comments:

TAD said...

Hey Crabby: Is the Hawkwind best-of any good? I've been working my way thru their STASIS best-of & it's got some good stuff on it, but there's 2 many boring live trax, 2 much remixed stuff that shouldn't have bn, 2 many single-edit short-versions, etc. Wondering if their "Ultimate" is any better? If so, I might even buy it -- I'm a sucker 4 their heavy-tuneage....

R S Crabb said...

Hey TAD

I had Stasis a few years ago and found it kinda boring with the edits that they threw on just about most of the songs there. I don't think you're going to get a great overview since Hawkwind recorded for many labels after leaving EMI but this one might be the best despite the absence of Shot Down In The Night which might have been their biggest US hit. But it does have the Lemmy's version of Motorhead and also Quick Strangeness and Charm. If you find epocheclipse that would be the best best of, although the later tracks of the 90s really don't do much for me.

Jojo P. said...

Pawnshop is important to people who always out of budget with money. For emergency reason they can come to pawnshop and deposit their stuff in exchange of money. They can help people financially.



Jojo @ Pawn Shop Websites

R S Crabb said...

And it helps build an impressive CD collection too! Love those pawnshops ;)