Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crabb Bits On The Memorial Day Weekend.

It's been a very busy week week for me in my new state of adventure.  With my GF now moved down here I've been trying to adjust the best way possible between dog sitting and work and still trying to maintain some kind of music observation here.  I'm still planning to see what Half Priced Books has for 20 percent off this week.

Vincent Price would have been 100 today.  I grew up watching most of his horror films with Roger Corman and my favorites remain the Edgar Allen Poe stuff (The Raven, Pit & Tales Of Horror come to mind)  but he also starred in The Ten Commandments, and he stayed active up till Edward Scissor-hands.  He also played a music role, doing the voice over on Michael Jackson's Thriller and Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare.  But I never get tired of watching his movies, even the Dr. Goldfoot goof fests.

Next week is the Iowa City Art Festival to which I think I told you about Alejandro Escovedo, The Bottle Rockets, Teddy Thompson and a few others will be playing but it looks like we may have to work this weekend.  And I'm not too happy about that, looks like I might be cheated out of seeing the Bottle Rockets again.  But I'm sure we'll also trying to get my GF moved into her new place.

It's funny how word of month has gotten The Rock N Roll & The Brains blog come out of nowhere to become the number one all time read blog here at the Crabb site.  Somebody is getting the word out and really don't know who but it took over first place and leaving the last blog in the dust.

As I type this, my little adopted daughter is taking a snooze on the couch.  I never thought I'd be cut out to be a step dad once again but Chloe seems to be taking it all in stride.  I told Nicole that if her daughter didn't like me this would not work out but the little bugger first saw me and then curled up in a  ball on my lap.  Chloe is a five year old beagle mix, a little bit watch dog and little bit lap dog.  She loves going in the car and going bye bye, and whatever she can find on the floor.  She's very good natured and has a way of stealing your heart if your not careful.  She misses her mom when she goes to work, she likes to stare out the window.  I was sleeping this morning when her whining to get in the waterbed and had reservations about it but she got herself situated quite well and since I'm the only person around, she follows me around.  Right now the little furball is napping on the pillow on the couch that Nicole has been sleeping on.

I don't know, I'm still trying to get over the shock of having my GF down here so soon but Chloe seems to have done a much better job of that.  I dated women over the internet and gotten nowhere with the majority of them but Nicole is that rare exception of knowing what she wants and chasing him till she got him.  She's known me for about 11 years and started chasing me till I finally agreed to meet her in St Louis in 2009 and here we are.

Guess her daughter gave her seal of approval looking at her now ;).

4 comments:

drewzepmeister said...

I couldn't help myself from smiling after reading this blog post. Something inside of me tells me that this relationship is going to go places. Just take it slow and go with the flow. Sure there are sacrifices, but the rewards are great in the end.

Good luck to you two! I have a good gut feeling about this....:)

R S Crabb said...

Thanks Drew for the nice comment. Nicole is a one of kind woman. Cheers!

TAD said...

Crabby: Your GF may think you should blog more often, but I think you're showing the rest of us how it's done. I can't think of NE1 else who's on as regular a schedule as you R, even with your job & your love life. Keep it up & best of luck!

R S Crabb said...

Thanks TAD. I feel like I'm juggling about 10 things at once with job and trying to get her moved in and having to work this week which means I miss out on Joe Ely, Bottle Rockets, etc. Don't know what the future is going to hold for more bargain hunts but I'm sure the top ten will continue to amaze you ;) Thanks for your support!