Friday, May 20, 2011

Crabb Bits: The Brains, Rapture (Updated)

Interesting to see in my ratings in the number one most viewed this week is the 2006 Tribute to The Brains, the great 1980's band that gave us Money Changes Everything.  I'm hoping with the more views that this will give another chance for the band to finally get their album reissued on CD or digital format.  God knows I have been trying to get the Universal folk to reissue it, even if it's a limited copy run of 1000, I'd buy a hundred myself.  Tom Gray is still rocking them down in his band Delta Moon which doesn't sound like The Brains but if The Brains were playing steel slide guitars instead of keyboards they would sound like Delta Moon.  I look at it this way, a view on that blog is a support for The Brains.  As of Saturday, this post has managed to crack the all time top 5 most view blogs . Thanks again and I'm sure if Tom Gray gets the memo he'll thank you too.

I thank it may have been a big mistake naming the Top Ten Full Moon Fire since I have had that song stuck in my head all week.  Even on my favorite songs I hate them getting stuck in my head for countless hours. I'm really tempted to rename that blog if this keeps up.

The Sahara Hotel in Vegas has closed its doors on Monday.  Basically the last of its kind going back to the days of the Frank, Dean and Jerry Lewis to which this Labor Day Telethon for MDA will be his last after 45 years of hosting it.  The Sahara had been my choice of staying when I was in Vegas and was there when Mingles hosted their 2004 and 2005 get togethers. Even in 2005 it did seem to be a relic from the past but the buffets were first rate and always enjoyed their music in the background from the golden age of rock.  I will miss the Sahara. RIP.

Been a stressful week.  The end of the world is coming this weekend.  Also my GF is moving down here. I knew she was coming down here this summer but thought it would be more into July but she informed me that she found a job next week and that has thrown things into a tizzy.  As they say life happens.  Couldn't pick a more inconvenient time with Texas coming up and even maybe a threat of working Memorial Day Weekend.  But it won't matter if the Rapture happens tomorrow (Saturday). But Ole Crabby will be keeping an eye on things to see if Jesus does come down from the heavens.  He's always welcome to stop by....

Update: It's 5:30 CDT.  The sun is shining and everything looks like it did beforehand.  Sorry Harold Cashing. You failed again.

Loser.

No comments: