Monday, March 7, 2011

Ratings & Beaker Street One Month Later

I'm not sure if the ratings are what they are made out to be.  When I take a look at the top five all time best blogs I have to scratch my head at a couple of them.  I can see The Best Of 2010 being all time but can't for the life of me see what's so groundbreaking about My GF Thinks I Should Blog More Often or the Top Ten Sick Of Summer Ready For Fall blog unless the ten songs of that blog really mattered the most.  In 3rd place is Teenage Depression Albums Of My Youth which is one of the better ones.  The Best Of 2009 holds the last spot down.  But amazingly there has been no blips on the Best Of 2008 or 2007.  But then again Blogspot didn't keep stats before then I imagine.   But somebody is reading them judging by spam mail in the most unlikely of blogs that date back half a year.

As you all know by now gas prices are on the rise once again.  Therefore our wonderful TV station has trotted out that tired old line of Pain At The Pump, which is cliche as they are showing pictures of smokers when they talking cigarettes or smoking bans or gay couples kissing in front of the tv when they talk about rescinding same sex marriages in this state.  TV land is so bankrupt for ideas so they roll out the shit nobody wants to see. Or recycle cliches that we get tired of hearing.  Pain at the pump, the only pain you get from the pump is if you stuck the nozzle up your butt and light a match.  We get tired of hearing it.  We all know who is the ones behind the spikes and they in wall street trading the price up even further on the fear factor.  Just like four years ago.  I think congress should have listened to the people who voted them in to let Wall Street go bankrupt but they didn't.   But then again, it all goes to show that for the most part that if you have money you can buy your own congressman.  Or governor, just ask the Koch Brothers.

Clyde Clifford talks about Beaker Street one month later.

ust want to tell you that I really feel strange on Sunday evenings. I keep checking the clock to see how much time I have until I need to leave... Then I realize I don't have to be anywhere at 7...

Right now I've decided that getting ducks to line up is like herding cats. Very difficult.

I'm looking at the possibility of producing Beaker Street at home and syndicating to Arkansas stations (Others too, if there is interest)

Currently, I'm truing to decide what equipment I need, what form the show will take, will it remain 5 hours or maybe be shorter. How much commercial time to allow for, Can I attract sponsors to offset costs? What can a station in Arkansas afford, if at all? Do I really need to eat?

Questions, questions, questions...
And those damn ducks will not stay in a row!

I miss you all

Clyde

No comments: