Saturday, March 12, 2011

Davenport Bargain Hunt

Sounded like a good idea at the time.

Was a nice day getting there but unfortunately fighting a bad back and of course Montezuma's Revenge most of the day,  I really didn't enjoy it much.  Both Salvation Army stores had nothing to offer and the only Goodwill thing I found was Eric Clapton's Another Ticket.  Mister Money had a 50 cent cd of Mills Brothers Greatest Hits.  Imagine my surprise of finding Journey Departure for five bucks at FYE instead of Wal Mart.  Basically I didn't see the need of the new REM CD for 17 bucks or 15 bucks at Best Buy so I passed.  One can only take so many crappy digipaks taking up space.

Took some time off going on the river walk and seen more trains on that part of the tracks more than I did on the UP line off highway 30.  However the second train was about a mile long and then stopped on the tracks so couldn't get out of the park till about 7. Which meant I didn't feel like going across the pond back to Co Op Records to find more vinyl pieces.  Basically, a trip to Big Lots then to Cracker Barrel then to Borders to pick up a couple of cheap cds and another quick dump.  Good to see the Borders being spared from being closed down in Davenport, they do have a bigger bargain selection than Dubuque.

I thought about going to Madison but decided that they had too much snow on the ground down there and lot more protesters for me to handle so I stayed close to home.  Perhaps I'll go there next month.

Daylight savings time begins tomorrow.  Lose an hour of sleep (no big deal) but we gained an hour of sunlight.

No comments: