Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Arizona Farewell To Music Stores Tour Thoughts

One more day to hang out in the desert before heading home, thought I pop in with a collection of things of notice.

I don't think there's much difference between hanging at FYE or Zia's. In fact, Zia's is the new FYE, went to one place and had no fewer than four people asking me for help. It gets annoying, I can't keep my attention of what I'm looking for and I know if I told them what I was looking for, they wouldn't have it. Simple as that. Bargain hunters tend to go out on their own and look for cds themselves and not asking for any help.

I do noticed that the main Sony CDs are now at 5.99 on sale at Zia's but if you go up north to the Hastings stores in Northern Arizona the same cds start at 3.99 or 4.99 and the main titles at 5.99. In other words Hastings wins out in terms of getting cheap music if you can believe that. And the clerks left me alone.

This trip I didn't hit the pawnshops, I just didn't think that they had much to offer. I also didn't hit the Goodwill all that much either. One can only sort through the same old same old that you see back home. Perhaps it's the sign of the times that I musta have it all.

When you get older, you tend to ignore the crappy autotune rap crap at the music stores and hanging at Zia's or FYE can be worser than getting a root canal. Which is why people stay at home and get music off the web. Hastings tortured me with some Glee type of goofy shit to have some zitface screw up the words to Dream On and then some unknown American Idol Whitney Houston wackoff overscreaming to songs too. Such a shame really that you can hang at the music store without getting ran off with subpar crap tunes.

So today is the final day of the CD search. One more time to hit the local FYE and Zia's and hope that the clerks leave me in peace. And then trying to cram everything neatly in the suitcase on the redeye flight back home. I'll have more of the Arizona wrapup tomorrow. But till then, gotta take advantage of the summertime 110 degree heat before going home in with cooler temps and *sigh* chances of rain.

This vacation just went by way too fast, just like the last one.......