Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On the subject of.....Mingles, The Who etc.

Here in Blogspot, I'm still setting up shop and although my postings are not as many as they used to be in My Space I still do read some of what y'all send my way. Blogging is fun and although I wish I can get enough followers to earn a paycheck and quit my job, I still like to keep things to a workable minimum. But this is a work in progress so bear with me.

On the subject of Mingles.....That would be Mingles.com.

After 11 years of being The Townedger in there I decided to cancel my membership. It's simply of the fact that I've outgrown the single dating sites (since I found that special somebody) and most of my good friends who were there have moved on to their real time life or found significant others. The first four years there they had Mingles party and I went to three of them (St. Louis 2000, Las Vegas 2004 and 2005). It got to the point that when Mingles improved their chat room (in our situation made it worse since the damn control getting in there never worked and XP would never delete those annoying I have winked at you emails or Lonely Russian or Nigerian Bride seeks green card notes) I could not get in there at all. But my final decision was when the usual suspects were spewing out their right wing nut job propaganda crapola and when I email hunter Rep about this year's Vegas event, he never did get back to me about the final details. I'll miss the wit and wisdom of Rollo Quarters and the friends that moved on but the ones who remain there are not the type you wanna go hang with. Plus they got too many cranky old men who long for the days of Bush & Cheney and the ones you rather not see naked anyway. If nothing else, thank you Mingles for introducing me to my GF, you came through a helluva lot better than E Harmony and without paying 29.95 a month either.

On the subject of... Christian Conservative Woman Republicans from Texas.

On twitter the other night while making my usual observations of Sarah Palin trying to get us into a war with Iran, I made a comment that the US are in wars with Iraq and Afganastan and trying to help Haiti, some nut job by the name of Jennie Taliaferro gave me three emails all going "what are you talking about?" So I ask her to convince me what is the good of Sarah Palin and she couldn't grasp that answer. Turns out I was dealing with an Christian Conservative Republican native Texan. They have the answer for everything but don't want to reveal it. I think that's what got this country into a tizzy for 8 years last decade that we had a Christian Conservative Republican that got us into another recession and two wars and the paranoia after 9/11. Ms. Taliaferro doesn't get the fact that the voters voted for Obama and neither her and her legion of RWNJs can't handle that. Or that they hang on every word of Rush and Beck and Dingbat Palin promising us the good old days if there was any in the last decade. I am about 30 percent Conservative myself but I'm also a 100 percent in common sense to which Palin doesn't seem to have. But then again I might be a judgemental in terms that most of who follows me in Twitter are from the left and although I don't agree with them all the time, they seem to have better ideas than Ms. Taliaferro in terms of getting this country back on the right track. I don't have a problem with right wingers and their rhetoric, I would like to believe that there's a conservative that has a solution to Health Care and the loss of jobs every month. But so far nobody here in congress, namely the worthless Steve King or past his time Charles Grassley has yet to address that issue. If you have a alternative to Health Care Reform, tell it. Looks we going to have another three years of do nothing congress since Republicans don't like Obama and don't want to work with him, just like Democrats hated W and didn't want to work with him either. And the country got nowhere back then and I'm sure this year the Republicans will take over congress again since Pelosi and company are not doing nothing either. As for Scott Brown, I'll hold my judgement, at least he's not a total waste of time like King or Grassley, Brown is pro choice..... If I had to deal with Christian Conservative Republican native Texans such as Jennie T, then I remain a stranch supporter of birth control, mastrabation and gay marriages to combat hypocrites such as Christian Conservative Republican women from Tex-ass.

On The Subject Of The Who at The Super Bowl.

I thought as senior citizen rockers they did all right although Bob Lefsetz and the dood from the sun times thought otherwise. But really they haven't been The Who, not since the death of Keith Moon in 1978 and John Entwistle in 2002. Even on their final 1978 performance captured on The Kids Are Alright Keith Moon had trouble keeping up but a off Keith Moon still provide surprises galore and John's being the straight guy and throwing those bass lines, they were two reasons why The Who was THE GREATEST ROCK BAND EVER. You can't replace those guys although Pino Palladino and Zak Starkey hold their own (in fact Zak would have been the perfect replacement after Keith's OD but he was a child back then) and they did what I thought they would for songs. Surprised they didn't dusted off Can't Explain or My Generation. Yeah, Pete might have looked a little creepy onstage (reminded me of Uncle Ernie from Tommy) and Roger may not been the screamer he was once, but they are alive and they did a good workmanlike performance. The thing is, the 60s are over, they are 4 decades removed and whoever is still alive are no longer the young and hungry smashing drums and guitars and playing loud. The ones who didn't die from drugs or liver failure are survivors right now and one shouldn't be raking them over the coals for still rocking and rolling, although it's more about the money than the fun of playing. If nothing else, The Who at the Super Bowl is Roger and Pete as survivors, a tribute band. They're not going to make another memorable album (how many still play Endless Wire?) in their lifetime and Who's Next and Live At Leeds are all you need to know how great they are at making music. And as for Mr Lefsetz and Mr. DeRogatis at the Sun Times....music critics can be such bitter old men.....................................