Monday, April 27, 2009

Crabb Bits: Creed, Flaming Lips, Iowa's Gay Marriage Law

Here something to wet your pants over...Creed has reunited once again for a summer tour and new record.  Just like Limp Bizkit, the crap bands are mounting a comeback.

I have no opinion of the Flaming Lips Song Do You Realize being the Oklahoma rock theme state song.  Never cared much for the Flaming Lips then or now.  She Don't Use Jelly killed it for me.   I'm sure there's a better Leon Russell song that could have been used or The Tractors but my vote still goes for Dwight Twilley's I'm on Fire.

If Jason Aldean is country so is The Flaming Lips.  I know some of y'all out there like Jason's stuff but to me it sounds too cliche and too rock for country.  Of course they gotta stick a loud steel guitar or fiddle to call it country.  Those who asked me to, no I have no intentions of reviewing Jason's latest record.  Unless you like to see me bash it.  Which again I have no intention to.


The next time some weather asshole says on TV that we need more rain I'm going down there personally and smack them upside the head. 

It could have been worse, we got about an inch and half of rain, places to the west of here got around 4 to 5 inches (round Waterloo) but this area got the tornado instead.  Around 5, there was one that rip around Alburnett and Central City, causing a bit of damage to Flying Squirrel area around Pinicon Ridge Park.   Too close for comfort.  Over three years ago, there was a tornado that made a mess out of the Shaw Rd area outside of Anamosa but lifted enough to miss the Wally World.  And the Iowa City Tornado that happened the same day.  But this is the reason why I hate springtime here.  Stalled Stationary fronts, endless trains of rainstorms, flooded basements, misery.  So far this spring the storms have not been as bad as the ones last year, one after another of heavy rain and more ulcers and cusswords.  We have had three weekends of clouds or rain or snow or tornados this year but none of the monsoons, although this weekend was the wettest since the first week of march.  But we were never in a drought as those idiot weathermen were saying.  It's fucking springtime dumbasses, the rainy season is in full effect.  Fuck off on the need rain whine.  We don't need anymore for about two more weeks.

If your gay or lesbian, you can now get married here.  And nothing more that I want to see less is two fat lesbos talking it up on the news.  Just like anything when it comes to smoking, the newscast has to show people smoking, now we get to see lesbos talking bout how happy they are and good for them but this is the kind of shit that should be regulated to the web and not on the 6 oclock news.  Why is it that if you want to see tornado pictures you have to go to the web but have to look at lesbians on TV?  No wonder why the news sucks, too many minites going for Kaplan University snake oil commericals and junk news and not enough of the important things.

Band news, I showed up in a fowl mood, having to deal with the turtle and hare traffic.  You know that, the turtle is the fuck for brains going 10 miles an hour and the hare is the asshole behind you going twenty miles faster.  I think Russ finally got the fact that Brandi isn't going to be a part of our supergroup (not that she ever was), and finally got to sing out Dead Flowers but kept fucking up on the final last lines of both verses.  This is not like singing for the TEs whereas you fuck up on the words you get to rewind and start again.  They said it sounded pretty good but next time I need to remember to bring the freaking words so I don't have to guess.  Don't know how singers do this, but then again they have more brain cells than I do.  And more patience.  Each week we do have some sense of direction but it is a week by week basis for me.  Working nights may still prohibit me from doing this fulltime but the guys know that.  Everybody seems to have a lot of tolerance for me it seems.  Even the faithful readers of Crabb.

I'm getting behind in responding to emails to my friends and I hope to get around that in the coming days.  Like Brooksie who used to do a rival top ten till she got promoted in her job and doesn't have much time for it anymore.  or Diggy who talk about maybe spending some time out where he's at and maybe jam out  there.  We'll have to see, only have so many vacation days and not enough time to do what I want.  But it is tempting.

As I write this, I see our very first tulip popping up for the first time this year.  Perhaps the tulips are getting smarter.  Last year they popped up the first week of April and got buried in snowfall the next day and washed away the next weekend.  Hopefully the rain is over....probaly till thursday when another stationary front decides to call this home and the next battlefield of tornados and thunderstorms.
And that's not what we want.