Thursday, May 18, 2017

Week In Review: Chris Cornell RIP

I just woke up and looked at the news feed that Chris Cornell, lead singer for Soundgarden and Audioslave passed away last night at age 52.   http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/18/528899410/chris-cornell-powerhouse-voice-of-soundgarden-and-audioslave-dies-at-52?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20170518

It was revealed that Cornell, hanged himself last night after the concert.  Thoughts and prayers to his family. http://www.mtv.com/news/3014074/chris-cornell-tribute/

Houby Days are coming this week, where many bands and musicians will be taking part. The big story around here is that The Acousta Kitties are no longer, Cathy Hart wanting to do more time away from the gig grind, but she is working on a new music project.  The Acousta Kitties had been a big part of my acoustic guitar gigs and I'll miss them.  In the meantime, Julie And The Mad Dogs return next week to Rumors.

Mandy Mamiman has departed from Wishbone Ash after being with them for over a decade and Mark Abrahams has taken his place.

As you may have noticed I haven't done much posting although there continues to be rock and roll news.  Basically, I have been doing other things and while the ratings have been pretty good, I have been simply burned out.  I think this month might be the most lackluster of all months. The bare bones of music news and even Chris Cornell's suicide hasn't gotten me to post.

I haven't gone away, I'm still buying music and such.  I am just  living life. In real time.

Like you should do.

No comments: