Saturday, June 26, 2010

On The Subject Of...Moon In June, Cubs, My Everchanging Moods

Well did anybody seen the strawberry or blood red moon last night? A partial luner eclipse that happens every so often? Hope you did cuz I missed it. We had another fucking monsoon last night.

This June has sucked from day one, even when I got of this hell for a week of vacation in Michigan, coming back we have had something like 20 rain days out of 26 in this miserable month. In fact we can't put together more than two dry days without having some fucking front stalled on top of us and giving this state the annual highway of flood storms once again. Been this way since 2007 and we cannot catch a break. I don't know what it is about this fucking set up that gives us all this wet crap, I hate rain with a passion cuz of this highway of storms. Ever since last friday, I have been running fans left and right in the basement due to water coming in from a 3 inch monsoon and still can't get the GD room dried up yet! Only took three days after coming back from Taylor for me to return to my old crabb self again. And even when I wasn't in a bad mood, my co workers thought I was in a bad mood. I wasn't I was quite mellow and everybody thought something was wrong. Even when I am in a rare good mood people think I'm not. Can't win.

The things in life that mean the most to me are the full moon cycle to which I come home from work and play a jamming cd and sit back and take in the light of the moon and see how everything is bright. Mother Nature robbed me of that this past week, when out of all the chances of coming home by the light of the luner, even the partly cloudy night, the moon got covered up and last night we got fucked out of seeing the blood red moon by another fucking storm coming out of Minnesota and not one time did I see it at all due to a constant rain. But we are tired of the storms and the rains that have plaged this state from June 1 onward. It's almost the end of this month and there another chance of the wet shit once again tonight. Maybe in July we will get three dry days in a row which would be a record for this summer 'sarcastic face' but then again we remain skeptical. Thankfully we didn't get a wet basement on my vacation, it waited till I got back. Very thoughtful of you Mother Nature now give us that damn drought I been screaming for since 2008.....

I haven't had the chance to unpack my bags since getting back from Michigan, I worked last Saturday to get the Arizona project out but this weekend it was Florida project that came in. But I decided not to work it since I have a jungle outside to mow and trying to do the usual house chores that don't get done when I'm not around. Problem of getting older is that the body don't respond the way it use to and all that lifting and stacking and pushing paper cores is a tiring job. When it comes to OT, even I don't have a definite answer if I want to work or not, it is to the point that if there's enough staff to cover the printers then I can do my own thing at home. At work I used to have these walks around outside the building to think and come up for the next blogs but most of the time I'm accomplied by a coworker, who continues to bore me about her time at the bar or her ranting about a co worker she was dating twice but went back to his woman whose also a temp worker at our place of workage. I think she does this to push my buttons, she seems to enjoy getting yelled at by myself or when I'm trying to show her how to work a printer, she ends up pushing the wrong buttons and making a bigger mess than before. As much as she would like to find Mr. Right and have that elusive baby and be a mom, a few problems are arising.
1.) If she found a good man she wouldn't know what to do with him, in all fairness wouldn't give him the time of day. All she seems to get are the drunks at bars and the co worker who comes after her after the temp co worker kicks him out of their house. The dude has her wrapped around his finger and no matter what words of advice is given to her, she ignores and goes back to him only to bitch about him two weeks later when he goes back to the other. Confusing? Yes it is when the names are not revealed.
2.) And good guys don't want drunks for a love interest. Miss Co Worker would have her own house by now had she not blown her damn paycheck at the local pub.

And finally, I need a break from the printers to clear my mind and have to hear Miss Co Worker complain about Temp Woman staring her from afar or Mr Love Interest Co Worker trying to talk to her makes me even more crabby. And alas, making Sonya, another co worker retake smoking again. But at least last night, we did get to see the rising full moon for about five minites.

Finally, it's not a good time to be a Cubs fan this year. Especially when the fucking White Sox have won the first four games. Damn White Sox could have a 12 game winning streak and another sweep of the Cubs in this crap they call the Crosstown series which has been one sided. Yesterday, the overpriced crybaby Carlos Zambrano was pitching his usual shit game, one inning four hits, four runs when he boohooed that the infielder weren't driving for sharply hit balls that wizzed past them since Carlos was bascially doing batting practice and the Sox were smacking them left and right. Nothing like the Big Z storming off the mound throwing F bombs and pointing fingers and almost getting into it with Derrick Lee, whose having the worst year as a Cub and Amaris Ramirez ditto. Finally Lou Pinella, the overrated manager who might be fired before the all star break sent Zambrano to the showers but not till Big Z took his frustrations out on a poor defenseless Gatorade cooler. And then cussed at some reporters outside the stadium. Real big man.

The guy has a 91 million dollar contract to which he has left to earn the right way. Zambrano couldn't pitched as a starter, then they threw him into the bullpen and he couldn't pitched worth a shit there either. Then return to the starting lineup and continues to pitch like shit and blame everybody else for not catching hot hit balls. Dave Winfield said it best, Zambrano is like a pit bull, he's fine when hes after the other club but when he turns on you like a pit bull turns on a owner than it's time to go. And Carlos may as well take his big bag of money that he has yet to earn and go someplace else and fuck up some other ball club. The guy pitched one good game and two so sos and the rest total crap. And the Cubs are not getting any return on their investment just like Milton Bradley last year.

Let's face it the Cubs are not going to the playoffs this year. Ramirez can't stop striking out, and D Lee can't stop hitting into DPs. And the damn pitching staff is shaky at best and the hitting is horrible most of the time. So rooting for the Cubs gets to be a boofest to which I throw my rant and raves at the Twitter board and my GF shakes her head from afar and sighs and I tell her it's a Crabb thing. To root and cuss out crappy teams I follow such as the Cubs and the even crappier Orioles and hell yes I don't understand it myself to waste time and energy to care. So I think the best I can describe this is call hoping that somehow these rant and raves will get the Cubs or Orioles to get going and when they start winning it may mean something. Yeah my brother don't understand my screaming at the TV does anything but I have this distorted idea that it might help the team. And it's a hard habit to break.

The Cub stink this year, even Bob Brinley called them a dead assed team and he said it on national television. But Zambrano's actions yesterday may have sealed his fate and way out of Chicago and good riddence if he can't change his bitchy assness. Rest assured he did pitched a no hitter against Houston in 2008 and helped the Cubs get to the playoffs a couple times. He's past his prime now, he too much of a loose cannon to be a team player and if nothing more for the safety of the Gatorade Coolers, it's better to bid Big Z a Big Z you later. And don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

I don't think the season is over but the way the Cubs are playing it may as well be. Hell, they can't even beat the fucking White Sox this year. At least win one fucking game from the White Sox just to shut me up.

BTW personal to Ozzy Guillen....Be glad you don't have Big Z on your team, he would have thrown you off the highest pavillion at the Cell when he gets into Pit Bull Mode.