Sunday, May 30, 2010

On The Subject Of...Gas Nazi, Republicans and SOFs

Our good friend TAD has ventured into a new thang at blogspot called the Gas Nazi and you can read the proceedings over at this site. http://www.thegasnazi.blogspot.com

It's the unofficial start of summer, Memorial Day weekend that is. Saluting and giving thanks for those who served our country and gave their ultimate sacifice so that we can live and do things freely. Unlike North Korea or Iran or The Taliban.

If anything, this BP oil spill mess is the biggest in history, don't let anybody else tell you that it might be. IT IS THE WORST NATIONAL DISASTER. Just think, if the hurricanes go up into the Gulf this summer it will be even more of a pain to clean. I'm thinking at least 14 hurricanes will be named and I think at least 4 of them will be rolling in the gulf throwing all that oil stained water into the cities and towns. Why get that from the hurricane prediction center when you can think of how many will form yourself.

I really can't say anything that is different from what I read from my Twitter friends about the oil spill and who lays blame. Reagan's been dead for 8 years and the left still blames him for this. Miss Drill Baby Drill Palin, not the brightest lightbulb continues to preach drill baby drill while blaming Obama for blowing up the wells. Or something that to effect. I know myself that back when gas was 98 cents a gallon around 1999 that it was time to switch to a alternative version of fuel but the solution was to build Hummers. It's hard to tell whose good and whose evil. The BP oil spill might be Obama's Katrina although the left say that with Bush and Cheney's lax rules also is cause for this. Dick Cheney remains the most evil man that I've known in the past decade which includes the Taliban, OBL, A-Jad, Rush Fatass, Anthrax Coulter and Octomom. But after 40 days of free flowing natural gas and oil turning the gulf of Mexico into a oil pit, the anger gets deeper and more vicious towards BP, Haliburton and Big Oil. Unfortunly, this is the Valdez in our own backyard. And the damage has been done.

It's also that time for the political ads to pop up, and of course our good republicans are shoving them down our throats. The usual bullshit, elect me and I'll create more jobs for you and I'm sure if Culver don't get his shit together, it will be Terry Branstad back into familar digs again. There's something about Bob VanderPlatts that I don't like nor trust and Rod Roberts may as well throw in the towell. Another turnoff is hearing Candidate Suchandsuch start out his commerical with "I approve this message" as in "I approve these lies and bullshit so I can be in office screwing things up even more". There something about a Republican that I do not like, they bitch about health care while in the pocket of lobbyists such as the drug makers and BCBS or the big banks or BIG OIL or Wall Street and getting those kickbacks can secure their retirement quite well. I don't forsee anybody overtaking Dave Lobesack or Bruce Braley, M. Miller-Meeks might give Dave a run for it, but Steve Rathjie has that aura of being a bullshit artist. But it is VanderPlatts that the lesbians and gays will have to fear and he does like that AZ immigration law and wants to draft that here in IA. The Teabaggers like VanderPlatts moreso than Branstad and Terry is more liberal than true Repubs. But then again Chuck Grassley won't have to worry too much, I'm sure he beat Roxy Conlin in the fall, too many old people like Chuck that they keep relecting him again and again. And I'm also certain that Teabag cretin Steve King, the Hugo Chavez of District 5 will be relected so he can continue to get his ideas from Rush Oxycondin and make a fool of himself once again. But then again I think the folk out in District 5 who keep relecting this jackass are braindead too.

Dennis Hopper is dead. Best known as the hippy bike rider in Easy Rider and the hippy freak in Apocalse Now he was 74.

And finally, the Michigan trip next month, my GF has been very busy plotting things to do and places to go to. I'd like to go to Ann Arbor and did tell her to look up some of the FYE stores, after all they might be corporate that don't have a clue on bargains but that's why I go there. In search of the bargains that they don't know about but I do. Frankenmuth i have been up there and wouldn't mind to spend a day there. She talked of Monroe, of not going to Detroit although if I didn't need a passport, going to Canada would be interesting. Nevertheless it will be a week up there. Unlike AZ, I don't know where the places are at so I'm relying on my GF's expertise.

But I'm sure we'll be fine.