Monday, November 16, 2009

Archives: CD's Plus Closing (The First Time) Who Hit My Car?

n 1991, some wiseguys opened up something called Disc Go Round to which was the alternative to the head shop vibe of Relics Records, back when Relics was a big part of this life.  Somewhere along the way, Disc Go Round was renamed CDs Plus to basically become part of the DVD boom that eventually replaced CDs as the media of choice.

With the closing of CDs plus, it ends the used CDs store concept.  CDs Plus was the final store to remain opened, till two years after CD Wherehouse closed their doors.  CDs Plus was unique for having a stale, sterile smell everytime I went in there.  Perhaps I was too used to the incense smell of Relics or the moldy mildew fragence of Rock n Bach.  Those were the days of spending endless hours bullshitting with Jerry at Relics or Bruce at the other store or hanging with Kibler at RNB and the gay guy at CDs plus who was there from the start. 

The internet have changed the way people buy music.  Lefsetz continues to trumpet streaming and Spotify, two things that can't be accessed to dialup.  Ownership is for pussies, how long will it take for me to tell him he's right he ask?  Not this decade, but if you think streaming is in your future then go for it.  If your savvy online, if you can keep up on the changing technology and have the latest then great.  But if you tell me Ownership is for pussies then fuck off.  I'll be the last holdout before steaming becomes a part of this future and that virtual jukebox on the net that buffers so much on dialup.  I have total access to what i want to listen to Mr Lefsetz and that's um records cds and still tapes.  That's where I find it and till Bill Amesbury or The Brains make it to the great net in the sky, I will stick to the tried and true.  You don't care, your not listening to the arguments so be it and fuck off anyway for trying to stick things down our throats, against our will, and making us listen to the songs we grew up with.  Streaming is for ADD folk, I still get more entertainment watching the label spin around the record player.  So i'm a cheap date blow me anyway.  This is what I grew up with and this will be what i perfer till i'm dead.

There will still be used cds to be found at Thrift stores or Half Priced Books, HP Books isn't going away anytime soon and if they do, there'll be other alternatives.  CDs Plus was in bad shape the last few months anyway with a lousy selection of both DVDs and CDs.  Perhaps I should have gotten that free CD discount on my last time there on Halloween night.  David Lindley El Rayo X is the final CD to be brought from CDs Plus.

I'll give them credit for outlasting Relics and Rock N Bach and being the final used CD store to shut their doors but they never had the personality that Bruce or Jerry or Erin gave at Relics or Jim Henson and Jim Kibler had at Rock N Bach.  They'll be missed.
RIP CDs Plus

 I forgot my badge today on the way to work and had to turn around to get it.

It hasn't been a good day.  Can't find my fucking Social Security card anywhere and I tore down this fucking basement looking for it.  Had to mail some letters off and put them in my totebag along with 4 CDs of choice and got on the highway.

Forgot my badge, mutherfucker anyway, so had to wait for a dumbass to pass by to get back home, run into the house, cuss up and down and got the badge and ran out to the car and drive down the road.

Had a semi in front of me going about 65 miles or so, so thought I ride on his coattails till we got to the turnoff to highway 1 from county home road.  All of a sudden another semi decided to turn on C H Road and then I saw the semi in front of me started backing up fast.  WTF?!?!?  So trying to get it back into gear, the damn car stuck in neutral and then BAM!

Fucking Great!  He moved forward and then I saw him back up and I got out of the car SCREAMING  CAN"T YOU SEE I"M FUCKING BEHIND YOU!!!!!  STOP THE FUCKING TRUCK IDIOT!

Old Purple died earlier in the year and so my brother has been fixing up this grey 1992 Corsica and I just got it and drive it for about four months till this happen.  Brendan, the driver did get out and he gave me the number to the owner of the trucking firm and they said they would repair the bend hood, the punched out right turn signal and the cracked grill.  Luckily, the radiator escape damage and I suppose I be thankful that I wasn't kill but I am still pissed off about the fact that Country Home Road is a very narrow street to the stop sign at E-34.  And there SHOULD NOT Be a fucking other semi trying to turn right when there's a semi at the damn stop sign.  Doesn't the dumb cock sucker driver turning right should have gone down to US 151 and get on there?

BAM!

Mutherfucker anyway!  So I spent part of the evening getting car estimates of getting my new gray 1992 Corsica to be fixed and it's going to cost 1500 bucks to get things squared away.  I hope the folks at J & K Trucking stand by their promise to repair it but I don't hold out much hope becuz I'm a skeptial SOB anyway.  So I guess we'll have to chalk this up to yet another life expierence and out 1500 bucks.

So I managed to make it work about 7, gave up my lunch hour but didn't feel like working but then again my senior Steven didn't show much sympathy.  And I'm thinking here's hoping that when you get home fukcer that you don't have a fucking semi backing up to hit your car but then again I am sure that they would see your Jeep unlike the dood that couldn't see my poor Corsica getting ready to be flatten like a pancake.

So I'm tired, I'm bitchy and really can't type worth a fuck but I'm still alive.  Too tired to bitch about it to my other half.  She keeps saying she wants to hear it, I say they usually call it spousal abuse in this situation.  Yes I'm pissed at the dumbass truck driver turning right, pissed at the poor dood who didn't see me in his mirror and mad at the Creator once again for subjecting me through yet another situation that I didn't ask for.  But most of all, I'm pissed at myself for forgetting my fucking badge and having to turn around and lose precious time to work and meeting the truck driver.

Next fucking time, I'll shove that fucking badge up my ass and then we won't have to worry about it.  Or just leave it out in the damn car.

Fuck, can't have nuthing nice in this fucking world without some kind of shit trying to destroy you in the process.