Sunday, November 16, 2008

November Gray Days

We haven't seen the full moon this week. I think it came out a little bit last night but for the most part it's been one grey day and night.

I usually do things on a full moon cycle or on the early quarter moon. That way if I go into a city or town I can see the moonlight on the highway and when the moon is out you can see a different landscape. I still have four days left of vacation but it's been so cold and so cloudy that I haven't had much urge of going anywhere. Fact was that I stayed home all weekend and vegged out on the sofa watching ball games. I guess this has come down to this in my life. Close to being 48 and not having much interest in things anymore.

Nine years ago this week, I managed to go out to Portland to see who would be my girlfriend for about three months, although we talked on the net for six and had a great time. And wondered where did the nine years gone by so fast? Well, being on the net 24/7 might have something to do with that but since having the internet at home, I do find time goes by faster than it did before discovering the net.

Perhaps if i could have been a bit more outgoing or headstrong, I could have somebody in this life but it has been seven years, over seven years that is. But at this particular point I quit looking a long time ago. Thank God for the net, I haven't dated anybody in this area in 11 years! There was somebody in another department at work but she didn't show any interest and she's probaly a lesbian. And everybody else is too young for me anyway. Bizarre to note when me and best friend Russ would go to Iowa City, we'd scan for the girls down there and once in awhile we'd get a look or a smile. Now, it's sad to see that I'm old enough to be their dad now.

November in Iowa is usually more gray days than sunny days and it sure felt like it last week. We're halfway through, and the temps only get colder and eventually it will snow and we'll have to deal with winter. I probaly won't do anymore bargain hunts after Thanksgiving, can't stand the same christmas crap songs that the Malls play. So all I do now is order a pizza on the weekend and watch some football and get fatter.

Just another fact of life that I'm getting older.