Monday, November 10, 2008

Crabb Bits: Taylor Swift, Nash Bridges,Jack Jonas

Taylor Swift is a bit more believable than Carrie Underwood.
Whereas Carrie will go down in history as the most successful product coming from American Idol, Taylor did it the old fashioned way.  Lots of hard work and lots of videos that get played on GAC if and when they show videos and seems to be more accessible than Miss Underwood.   And writes her own songs.
And is only 18 years old.
If I was thirty years younger, I certainly would have a high school crush on her.  In some ways Taylor reminds me of my old high school flame, tall for her age, has those curly locks but unlike the old high school flame, could write a song and play some guitar in the process. 
Taylor is America's sweetheart and as I read the reviews of her latest album, there's a real good chance that Swift might hang around a while in the country music field.  Alas, she hasn't found the Prince Charming or the Romeo to her Juliet, since she was kinda with one of the Jonas Brothers Jack, and Jack blew her off in a twenty second "it's over" call.  Ah, teenage love  you can't beat it.  But Mr Jonas did raffle a few feathers from the country side of the things, mostly from Hazel Smith, the CMT columist.  Well perhaps twenty years from now, when Taylor is the new Queen of Country Music and Jack Jonas is in one of many Disney's where-are-they-now flash in the pans, picking up trash in Orlando's Disneyworld.  But then again Taylor only 18 years old, she'll have plenty of time for boys and realtionships.  Just revel in the moment that's she is the new Country IT girl, and hopefully her staying power will be twice more longer than Miss Underwood and that plastic cheesey smile Underwood is famous for.

I don't plan to review her new album, too many fiddles for my liking but I'll root for her to keep being a positive part of Country and at least trying to smack sense into Kelly Pickler once in a while.
Other thoughts:  After consideration I decided to pass on the new Brad Paisley album but I give him points for making for keeping Buck Owens' spirit alive on a demo that Buck did before he died and giving to Brad.  Perhaps, if I see the new album used I'll take a listen to it.  I consider Brad one of the good guys, even though when he grows a goatee he looks odd.



Our guilty pleasure of the day is reruns of Nash Bridges simply of the fact that Cheech Marin plays Don Johnson's sidekick.  Plus Mr. Johnson gets to have Yasmine Bleeth as his love interest too although it is doomed to fail.  Season one is out on DVD.
http://www.lowtek.com/nash/

On the subject from Jack Jonas who says

"I never cheated on a girlfriend. It might make someone feel better to assume or imply I have been unfaithful but it is simply not true. Maybe there were reasons for a breakup. Maybe the heart moved on. Perhaps feelings changed. I am truly saddened that anything would potentially cause you to think less of me."
He goes on to say: "For those who have expressed concern over the '27 second' phone call. I called to discuss feelings with the other person. Those feelings were obviously not well received. I did not end the conversation. Someone else did. Phone calls can only last as long as the person on the other end of the line is willing to talk. A phone call can be pretty short when someone else ends the call. The only difference in this conversation was that I shared something the other person did not want to hear."

So before we jump on anybody's bandwagon or take sides let's hear it from both sides.  Young love especially.