Friday, May 16, 2008

20 Years At Pearson

On Labor Day 1985, I started out as a temporary at NCS in Iowa City.

Today marks my 20th anniversity of being a permenent employee.

I thought that I would find a closer place of employment but as the years went by, it has come to my attention that I have been a fixture and a charater when we moved operations to the outskirts of C.R in 1997.
Thank you Beverly Madden for granting me the permenent status when I joined up in the old Pell Department on May of 1988. I didn't mind the keyentry of Pell apps for it gave me a chance to listen to cds while I was working.  One year later, Greg Nutter tapped me to join Data Input and I got to do that for about four years till Denny Ballard and Sheri Stockman gave me access to the computer and printing operations in September of 1993.

Since then, I have been here cussing printers and computers out with the best of them.  For the first six years, we worked a 6 to 6 nights format till we moved to second shift in 2000 after Pearson brought out NCS.
I have to say that I am blessed to work with the best of co workers.  Even though that sometimes Bill and Steve would like to smack me upside the head, (and vice versa), these guys are the best seniors to work with.  When it comes to fixing printers, Steven is a magician.

Also thanks be to Denny Ballard and John Allen for being super cool bosses and letting me the chance to do net things while working.   My co workers are also the best workers around.  To Sonya, Mike, Ed,Glarice, Margaret and the inserting folks, I sure hope I didn't scare everybody off with my antics. ;-)

It's hard to fathom twenty years later and still at the place of workage to where it all started.  I cannot picture if I will be around five or ten years or even twenty years from today but when you survive twenty years of a career job at the same place, that is news.  Even to somebody that couldn't hold a job very long like I did back in the past.

Thanks to all that mattered and the drinks are on me.  But y'all going have to buy the pizzas. ;-)