Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Observations From The Forefront: Meg White




This month might feature a first if things fall into place.  This month we might just clear 2,000 views for the first time ever.  And it might be the last, you never know.  To those who read and comment, thanks for your support.  Basically rock and roll blogs like this  are like music stores.  I'd be starving if I had to do this on a regular basis but I still have this feeling that I might be accomplishing something.  All this typing for years, has made my thumb joint snap every other time I flex it.  Fucking annoying even to me but can't stop it.

We have no way of knowing what demons people face or how they fare against them.
So love them.....Margaret (Meg) White

Iowa City lost a real good person in Margaret (Meg) White who passed away at age 51. http://www.press-citizen.com/viewart/20120530/NEWS02/305300024/Margaret-Meg-White-51

I probably met her on occasion at Record Collector or downtown Iowa City. For the most part she did interviews for The Source and on occasion wrote her own piece for blogspot although nothing new came after 2009.  http://www.margaretlouisewhite.blogspot.com/

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20120613/OPINION02/306130005/Laughter-compassion-give-em-hell-activism?odyssey=nav|head

Depression can kill you at any given time.  Kinda like what happened to Bob Welch last week.  Suicide, don't ask why, here today, gone forever.  Certainly I have lived with depression for many years, it hasn't killed me, came close a couple times but either I'm too tough or too stupid to die.  I hope it never comes down to the day that there's nothing left to live for, or having old age rob me of whatever thought that I may still have or worse, be in invalid and not knowing what to do.  But in the case of Meg, she never did let on of what would decide for her to end it all.  When you do that, you leave behind folk that still care and wonder why you even did it without explanation.   Maybe the answer is given on her final blog from this site http://megdoesblogs.blogspot.com/

I think by doing nothing encourages the inner depression to take over the rational thoughts, to give the impression that there's nothing to live for and the world isn't getting any better.  Perhaps Meg didn't see anything useful about the upcoming Presidential Election.  Or the more money you make the more chances you get to own your own candidate.    We'll never know the answer to the question, Why Meg?
For over thirty years, I have learn to live with depression by doing the things that I like to do.  I suppose that's why I hit the music stores and pawnshop as much as I do, to continue to find the music that I never heard.  The drugs don't necessarily work, I tried a few of them and most of them, either made me too tired to think or too mean and evil to be around with more than a minute, so it's off the music store or back online to blog about things that mean something to me and hopefully to you the reader. 

In the end, the above message is all we can do to understand what people face or the demons that invade their lives.  And believe me I have my share of demons that drag me down when things don't go very well.  It's just life and the best we can do is hope that in the end, we go to a better place in the great beyond.

Where ever that may be.