Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Dry July

10 days into this month and we have not gotten much rain except for a small little cloud of rain that dropped about a quarter inch of rain and replenished our lake in the driveway.   Yesterday was helping Nicole and her parents trying to make improvements around the trailer and then today she wanted to redo the closet and had to tell her that I need a day to myself and take care of things around my house.  I think she got mad and told me to go home then.

The one thing I noticed around my house is that I have way too much crap to ever fit in her place.  Which is why Bob Lefsetz touts downloads or anything digital since they don't take up a lot of space.  Unlike 10,000 CDs and albums.  So I spent most of the night trying to make room and only getting discouraged that I have yet to file about 50 cds and no place to put them.  Perhaps I need a big music sale to make room.  Problem is CDs are not in demand like they used to.  Oh sure I'll go to Madison and find some more and then come down and cram them everywhere.  Could drop a few hundred at Nicole's place just to get her the impression that I'm around in some sort.  I know she'll love me to move right on in, but as the past couple weekends have taught me, that I don't enjoy being yelled at on certain things.  Sure it's a part of love and relationships but I've been on my own for years and don't care for the nitpicking of the little things.  Which is why that this old crabb needs the sanctuary of his domain just to mellow out and get my own stuff done.  But it doesn't even look like I did much.

In some ways I was proud that I did helped out Howard putting the shed door up and for the first time ever, managed to successfully put up a fan above her bed last time.  Ya think that would have tired us out but we went to bed around 1 and Goddammed if I didn't wake up at 5:30 once again and not get back to sleep for the third night in a row.  That made me twice the crabb that I usually am.  But I think it all worked out for the best.  The GF did managed to get some things done on her own without me in the way.   Love is great but absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Love her but sometimes I need some time to myself.

It hasn't been a easy week with the passing of my great friend Dennis.  Going to his visitation and how that looked is the way for me to go.  If I pass away anytime soon, just cremate me and put me in front of my drum set with some rock and roll tunes from my vast collection to play in the background.  None of this somber organ music, or being displayed out in the open.  I'm sure Dennis didn't want people crying over him as they passed by.    I'm sure he didn't want me falling apart while playing The Ballad Of Easy Rider on the way home either.  I still get depressed of the fact that I saw him just three weeks ago and didn't chat with him.  Thinking there would be a next time.  Which won't be.

Seems to be a lot of people passing this year.  Michael Burston, aka Wurzel from Motorhead died at age 61 from a heart ailment.   And Newt Gingrich still breathes.  Hard to understand what life is or all about anymore. With Dennis death, it actually occured to me that 53 years is not a long time and I'm only 2 and half years away from it.  Ever since the internet came around this life, time flies much faster than it did before the net and it seems like we never have enuff time to do with we all want to do.

So I gather we should live for the moment before we are all into the great beyond.  Maybe I'll do that someday.

And the amazing fact that the Brains blog keeps getting all these views.  Think it breaks a 1,000 that it will finally convinced the idiots at Universal Music to reissue the damn Brains albums on CD????