Sunday, April 18, 2010

Record Store Day In Iowa City

The Iowa City Record Stores really didn't have much in terms of vinyl although I think the highlight was a John Lennon limited edition of a 3 45s and some other stuff for 18.99 but I passed on it. I think Kirk at Record Collector got some Hendrix stuff that he kept for himself but he can do that if he wanted to.

The lowdown of things gotten

Faces-Long Player CD
Moe-Meat EP (a 45 minite jam of sorts that seems to be a collector's item for Moe. Fans)
Don Covay-Mercy/See Saw (a 2 on 1 CD on Koch that record collector had for years)
Atlantic Unearthed-Soul Brothers (Rhino) A collection of unreleased and 45 versions of mostly slow tempo soul numbers that you can live without.
Webb Wilder-Born To Be Wilder-His recent live album on Blind Pig, got for three bucks simply of the fact that it was a promo and didn't have a insert of songs but i can get them off the net.

Unfortunly, I didn't find anything vinyl from Goodwill or Salvation Army nor Stuff Etc but did find three things from Half Priced Books in CR

The Fabulous Don Gibson- His early 50s country sides for Columbia on the budget Harmony label. I think it dates from the early 60s and the vinyl in very good shape.
Craig Fuller/Eric Kaz-1978 album on Columbia from the future member of Little Feat and former Pure Prairie League singer of Amie fame. Not memorable but it's your typical late 70's California pop.
The Ladiesman-a Warner Special Products 2005 vinyl piece of selected funky soul and jazz stuff from the likes of Oscar Brown Jr, Mose Allison, T Bone Walker and Brother Jack McDuff.

With this, the next bargain hunt should be when I do vacation in June or July. Looking back, perhaps I should have gone to Dubuque instead of Iowa City. The damn traffic lights suck and i had more than my share of delayed reds which I got have idiots riding my butt on the way home.

This dumbfuck driver that tailgated me halfway to Solon and then had the nerve to pass me on a blind do not pass curve, I got this dumbass license plate. Personal to IA Plate 856-AMG Johnson county, you are the reason why we have accidents due to your lack of judgement. You shouldn't be driving a car asshole, I assure you if you got hit head on and somehow gotten me into a accident I would be kicking your sorry ass to hell and back and back there again. You deserved getting the finger your way not once but twice and it's good thing that I didn't have a drink in my hand or i'd be throwing it at you. Mr 856-AMG Johnson County IA, do us a favor and stay off the fucking roads, you'll be doing the whole world a favor. Even better if you die. Thanks for fucking up my day asswipe.