Monday, July 27, 2009

Crabb Bits: Cheap Trick and Digipacks

On the subject of Cheap Trick The Latest and Digipaks themselves.

What do you mean about digipaks?  The new Cheap Trick is out in stores and it's not on a CD-R

Begeland from twitter.

This actually came from a rant about me and I didn't bother to check the inbox till I was fucking around Twitter and wanted to see what was in there. 

Digipaks are the crappy assed alternatives to jewel cases and most of the new albums are stored in digipaks.  Pearl Jam has all of their albums on Digipaks and new releases from the likes of Steve Earle, Neil Young and The Meat Puppets all came out on this format.  Likewise the new Cheap Trick that was selling for 8 bucks at Best Buy this week.

At this point in life I'm cutting back on releases that are on digipaks rather than jewel cases.  People bitch about jewel cases too but at least I can get them open on the highway without trying to twist a digipak to cough out the album or get a five inch paper cut trying to open them.  I'm still pissed off about Neil Young going green with Fork In The Road but I did promise that I'd buy it.  Digipaks are piss poor storage units that scratch up the cd worse than jewel cases and they get dusty more often (case in point, the RUSH digipaks).  Tea Leaf Green made a three cd box set and put it in one of the worst made digipaks that i've ever seen and I almost crashed my car trying to stick the damn Cd back in the small slit we call the storage area.

I think Begeland misread the rant for I never mentioned anything about CD This is the original blog....

I do not like digipaks which is why I didn't buy the new Cheap Trick album. Going to get more picky in the future. Digipaks Suck!