Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Olivia

They used to say that I don't remember birthdays very well. I can remember some birthdays but can't remember Clarise, who I was with for 3 years. But I do remember Olivia's, she was born three days after my Aunt Cindy.

Which is today the 6th. And I remember her still. Met her at American Singles when AS was free and we got together two months after being set up by my best friend. I flew out to Portland in 1999 and we spent five days and I've seen the most wildest weather I ever known. She came out here late Decemeber and got to check out our winters which wasn't that bad, it was actually warmer than usual but she did catch a pretty bad cold that lingered on our final get together in March.

I think celebrating the new millenium together in Dubuque was the highlight of this decade. But unfortunely, Olivia hated the winter here. But I could also tell that on our last visit together in Portland that things were not all well. Eventually, we decided to go our seperate ways. She manages to keep in touch whenever possible. She's now married, has a 4 year old daughter to contend with and her daughter is the light of her life. And she does still emails from time to time.

So here's wishing ya a happy 40th birthday Olivia. From the other side of the fence.