Tuesday, April 28, 2020

End Of Month Thoughts April 2020

This may have been the most times I have blogged, basically out of boredom, but to be honest it's been another month of no bargain hunting whatsoever.  Stores are closed and I'm not about to drive to Nebraska.

This state was never under the Stay At Home order, but schools were not testing and therefore, except for going out to the nature center or get groceries I stayed home and watched plenty of old reruns, John Wayne westerns and other assorted crap.  I started work on the new Townedgers album and ended up get back spasms and had to put that on hold.   I am now back living the single life once again.   Like I really had much of a love life, she decided to stay home and lock the whole world behind.    It's been too much of a non issue, but she has had a lot going on the past six months, but I do think she made it known in March that she needed a change in her life..  I think she'll be fine whatever she plans to do.  And find the right guy the next time except for Mr. Wrong here.

This month's ratings will be over 2,000 views, and that hasn't changed all that much.  I find it odd that the most viewed is Fun With Scratchy Records which overtook the My City Was Gone blog this month.  Unless people are interested in cracked copies of The Train or She Ain't A Yacht, I failed to see what was the attraction.  Bob Welch got some love (4 views today) which was one less than the Gin Blossoms Tribute Blog, which was extracted from the Consortium with some updates.  For search keywords, 154 come from Site.Blogspot.Spingville Red Devils, to which is not related to the Springville Orioles site, which is closer.  This is Iowa we talk about, not Utah.  How that got to be number one all time is a mystery.  Not that a Utah high school would base trust in a music page with a emphasis on the local scene.

For May, the music scene remains quarantined, tho Kegger Kim Reynolds has declared that 77 Iowa counties can reopen their businesses on May 1st, with exceptions.  Basically here, we're doomed to take out and curbside till at least May 15th.  The guess is that June we'll see things open up, but in the age of the Corona V 19 hysteria, not too many are willing to go that route that soon.  Any bargain hunts that I might partake in, the earliest would be mid June.   Madison got knocked off in Mid March and the earliest would be around the time of the 2020 World Naked Bike Ride, now canceled into 2021. 

Since Half Price Books went curbside, I haven't bought anything there and the last Goodwill finds I'm finally getting around to play the 50 Number 1 Hits from George Strait and to be honest, I tend to think he's a bit too much into balladry than uptempo country numbers.   There are new albums I need to get, Brandy Clark, Wishbone Ash and Deep Purple come to mind.

For jams, I don't foresee anything sooner than mid June.  I'll keep busy with my recording and researching forgotten bands and if I feel up to it, post a blog about that.  This site still brings in a few curious people.   If there's blogs that need updating, I'll do my best.  But my level of interest here is more off than on.  The top ten of the week was fun for about 8 years and then the novelty wore off. So I moved on to Singles Going Steady.  64 episodes later, that's still going on.  My City Was Gone, the original blog still does better than expected but recent updates haven't got looked upon.  Marion IA is changing and not for the better, but if there's interest, I'll might add a couple more in the future.

In short Record World still lives on, tho in limited fashion.  I'm sure I'll be back to continue this monstrosity.  Stay safe and wash your hands.


5 Star Mud Football Games- 1960 Denver Broncos

Houston 20 Denver 10 (at Houston) 11/20/60
New York Titans 30  Denver 27 (Denver)  12-4-60

The Broncos is forever linked to their gaudy brown and tan uniforms that made them look like mutant wasps.  The vertical stripes on their socks made them laughing stocks in the AFL   Their owner, so damn cheap, ordered the ushers to go in the stands to retrieve the football after extra points.   However, the Broncos were 4-2 and playing decent football till they went 0-8-1, a tie with the Buffalo Bills.  Jeppersen Stadium in Houston had to be the worst place to play football, especially during monsoon storms  and no drainage, which gave us some fine five star mud baths and perhaps making those Bronco Wasp Unis more tolerable to look at.  Jacky Lee, threw for three touchdowns and Bill Groham scored on two bombs in the process.

And Denver's last home game, a snowstorm and a quick melt turned Bears Stadium into a mud pool, kinda like the 1969 season but that year the snowstorm and melt was week four when Kansas City came into town and sloshed their way to a blowout victory.  The New York Titans were also a joke team, with bad uniforms and a owner way above his head.  Art Powell (no relation to the Oakland Raiders receiver with the same name) scored three times from passes from Al Darrow Lionel Taylor had two TD passes caught from Frank Tripucka, who threw for three TD passes but threw four interceptions including a pick six from Nick Mumley, which turned out to be the deciding score.  Fact: Hardy Brown played middle line backer the first year.   While pictures are nonexistent, you can find the highlights of the 1960 year on You Tube. 

No comments: