Saturday, April 18, 2020

Corona Virus Updates

We are six weeks into a self quarantine and seeing all the record and book stores closed up due to stay at home orders.  That hasn't stopped me from going to work but being furloughed off for the next two months I might be able to take inventory of what I have for music.

The Corona Virus has taken some notables.  Matt Seligman (Soft Boys, Thompson Twins, Thomas Dolby) died friday aged 64. Adam Schlenger (Fountains Of Wayne, That Thing You Do) 52, John Prine 73,  Joe Diffie 61 all passed from this.  Even at home, Egads lead singer Belinda James and Karl Hudson both have tested positive of this dreaded virus. With April, we had no jams or gigs to speak of and May doesn't look promising.  Baseball season has been delayed.  And schools have suspended the school year as well.

There's no vaccine out there to rid of this super virus and I'm sure people are working on something.  The hope is that it can be available and not to the ones that are paying top dollar to acquire and suck the living expenses out of the working class.  Meanwhile the 1 percent get richer and richer and cares less.  I haven't said much about the WH occupant and will not, basically my feelings for him have been documented over the past 12 years in various blogs.  Mitch McConnell came to me in a dream dressed up in a jesters outfit and since that dream that has been the perfect image of him.  Forever a joke and bought and paid for by Big Oil, Pharma, lobbyists and so on.  The Iowa Governor Kegger Kim Reynolds is another fuck up. Indifferent and stay at home voters kept her in.  This year Iowa will have a chance to rid  Pig Nuts Phony Joni Ernst.  If they keep that cunt in, then I have no sympathy for this state any more.    I've witness the degrading of each election years and despite my best efforts, they have fallen short. Beginning back in 2008 I pointed out the dangers of the WH occupant but still the cancer grew and 8 years and 46 percent of the stay at home non voters and electorial college, he got in and every day has been a deeper decline into the swamp mess that he vowed to drain.  Only problem was he kept the corrupted in.

So, this is a very important election year but as a friend musician pointed out, it means nothing since both parties are controlled by the same folk that likes to divide and conquer.  It might be too late since my votes didn't count in the past four elections.  But I'll be dammed if I'm going to vote for a failed reality TV legend in his own mind and a Goddamned Pig Neutered cunt maverick.   And as for that 1200 check , I still yet to get it.   And not holding my breath in the process.

Now that we got the political bullshit out of the way, life here in Record World land has gone on without my involvement. The usual best blogs continue to make the stats and I've managed to add a few side comments as updates.   It's too much work to really go dig deep and comment on everything and take out expired photos that I originally copied and pasted, only to watch them fade into nothing when the original source gets deleted.   Plus the usual keyboard mistakes that didn't get caught the first time and me having to proof read and take out the misspelled words or incomplete sentences.  When I did the top ten of the week, it was a labor of love but it took about four hours to write it up and add the pictures.  Adding eye candy didn't help much I don't think. 

If there's a market for it, I could open up the Record Consortium which has been sleeping since 2016. But usually the anthology of bands have been over here, since the main net traffic stops at Record World and not so much on the Consortium.   But who knows, the Forgotten Bands and Artists have done better than most and even the Swinging Steaks managed to give a shout out to this off the wall blog and provided a link for a couple years.   God bless em.

With that, I wish you all well, stay safe, wash your hands and kill your television.