Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Bargain Hunter Vs The Crabb

It's been a very surreal and strange week here in Crabbland.  Nicole is moving back to Michigan to be with family and new job.  I'll be helping her going back home next week.  Almost exactly a year after she moved down here to be with me.

I'll miss her.

Funny how  we take things for granted when they're here.  We spent weekends, going bowling, watching a movie from time to time and eating out at the finest grease joints in Iowa.  She couldn't stand the smell of the Shit Plant on 151/13, nobody can actually.  But we spent time at the Nature Center, watching trains go by and her patented Pudding Grin that could outbrighten the sun.  And walking Chloe the wonder dog through the trails, I tell you one thing Chloe has some potent poop that could make the grass grow faster and wilder.  I think we should have marketed that, we could make a fortune.

Alas, the job situation down here wasn't that great, she came down here after being hired by Home Choice, a Health Care specializing in Senior Care and that place was a big problem once she got down here.  I have no love for Health Care, they always seem to change her hours on a regular basis, then let her go not even three months on the job.  Kolleen, who seems to be in charge up there, isn't in charge or doesn't do a good job if she does.  I would love to tell the world that if you're looking for a job, Home Choice is not for you for they will fuck you over at every chance they get and they did and have with the GF.

When you're out of work, people will fuck you over in every chance and the only steady job she got was at a place on 33rd that kept her out of trouble for a couple months, then they let the temps go.  I tried getting her on at my workplace but since she wasn't low income or from Chicago or Wellington Heights, they didn't even call her once, even after I went to Human Resources and tout the services of my GF can do the job, IF SOMEBODY WILL HIRE HER but I guess my company didn't want to pay me the reference fee to hire her.  And the temp agencies here aren't much better.  But she's got a job and she's going back home.

With that and the death of Boone Novy,  I haven't been much in a mood for anything.  Started Sunday Afternoon when I hit my head on that GD shed outside of the trailer and getting knocked out for a couple minutes, and then the constant back spams of the past couple weeks.  I've been prone to coming home after work the last four nights and weeping of losing the one constant of getting me out of the house to play bowling or miniature golf.   Overlooking the good times when the times got rough or the things regretted.  And wished I done things different.  We all do wish.  And not knowing what you had till it's gone.  The ultimate price of being too selfish and too centered on trying to find the next batch of bargain cds in a two and half hour romp through Pawn America's dollar bins.  And she's still missed.

When we go to Michigan next week, there's no plans of hitting a music store although I wouldn't mind a trip to Ann Arbor to Encore Recordings but not going there on a weekend.  Perhaps a FYE if time allows and a final get together at a pizza parlor before hugs and embraces and I'll be making a long trek back home with tears in my eyes remembering the fun times and trials and tribulations to boot. And still missing her a bit as I return to the dull and routine of the crabb cave and work.

The trailer is now sold and I had to take a drive back there to see who bought it.  There was two cars in the small plot where you park the cars.  And to my surprise they had the window open that faced the street. And memories come back.  Memories of Chloe running up and down the trailer and woofing.  And Charley plopping on top of the couch.  And those pudding grins.

Nevertheless who gets that place, they should consider getting that hold in the bathroom floor replaced.  Somebody might fall through it.