Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Rock And Roll And The Supermoon

My favorite time of the year has always been the full moon cycle, but the Milk Moon (or better known as the Flower Moon) of May is the fave.  The moon is positioned so perfectly, I can see it outside my window as I type this.

I remember the time I was playing Tonight's The Night from Neil Young and watching the moon ride across the window.   But also the Super Moon played a role 8 years ago when I broke up with my ex. We had a major falling out and after screaming at each other for about a half hour, I had enough and helped her moved back to her home five states away.  I think I drove home most of the way without my headlights on.  It was that bright.

Now, eight years later and the moon is slowing making its way west.  It's been a cold year and it feels like it's March in May.  Frost and freeze warnings are out for the weekend but on the whole, we haven't gotten hit with major flood rains that ruined most of the spring.  Even with dry weather, baseball season hasn't started up and the big concern remains if there will be baseball before July or not.  I haven't been to Half Price Books since the shutdown and things remain very chaotic   If there's any Madison bargain hunts, it won't be till late June at the earliest.   It is strange to go out with a mask to try to cover up against sick people.  But so far, I have been healthy.  I can't recall a time which I wasn't sick this long.

Still people are passing away, Flordan Schneiter of Kraftwerk died yesterday at age 73.  Kraftwerk pioneered robot pop as they call it.  Millie Small, died of a stroke at age 72.  It was her song My Boy Lollipop that became the first reggae hit, at that time Jamaica was into something we call Ska, with a rock steady beat somewhat like the Stroll.  2020 has really taken a lot of musicians out of this world today and I suspect we'll have more to follow.  Corona Virus or stroke or cancer.  Nobody gets out alive.

So for now, I'm enjoying watching the Flower Moon from my window.  The weather should be good enough to see it again tomorrow night.


AU ROOOO Baby!