Monday, December 2, 2019

The Final Bargain Hunt-Davenport

One of the things I need to remember is that I seldom find anything worth a shit during Thanksgiving weekend.  I talked myself into going to Davenport rather than Madison.  I tended to regret that decision.

Ragged Records In Davenport still hasn't opened but they moved the CD section over to the Rock Island Ragged Records.  I do wish they can reopened the Davenport store, it's been out of service since the spring flood.  I didn't find nothing at the Rock Island store, their 45 section is not even half as good as the Davenport location.

So I got to check out most of the thrift and second hand stores.  I found 6 cds. 10 CC Original Soundtrack, Point Blank-Second Season, A Charlie Parker Rhino set, The Singles Soundtrack, Roy Buchanan's first album and The Darkness new album Easter Is Canceled.  I did bank on Co Op Moline having that CD and they did. 

I found no 45s but found a near mint copy of Roy Orbison Sings Don Gibson on MGM plus a 7th CD, Johnny Tillison's Early Greatest Hits on Ace.  I can always count on The Source Bookstore to have something off the wall.

Nothing was found at the Salvation Army Junk store, Goodwill-Moline, Salvation Army-Moline, Books A Million and the Vets Thrift Shop.

Today marks the second anniversary of being a special somebody to Julie.  I'm surprised that we have managed to stick together through rough and strange times together.   In hindsight, we should have stayed being social friends, I've helped her in her bands and trying to keep a roof over her head.  It's a relationship that has been one of more strange that I've ever been in, but I have to accept her for who she is.  But she captures my heart all over again when she sings.  Love is always strange, and tho we keep separate homes, my loyality to her remains always.   But we still remain special n safe friends. Anything else would be a shock to the system.

Overall, the Davenport Bargain Hunt was a disappointment.  But I did find a few things and CO OP Moline had that 10CC CD there for over a year.  It was time to rediscover that album.