Monday, October 12, 2009

October

Where does the time fly?

I have no idea. After a long wet, cold summer, we finally get 25 dry days in September, only to be thrown into the great icebox known as October. It shouldn't be 35 degrees right now, we should not have the damn furnace coming on every hour on the hour. Too early for this cold shit.

Coming back from St Louis and the bargain hunts with my other half Nicole, I have never had anybody that could hang with me as much as she did on going to the music stores. She seemed very willing to go whereever the car went, where the wind blows although it damn near blew us off the Chain Of Rocks Bridge but she didn't mind. Once I put her back on the plane back to Michigan, I went to the St Louis Galleria to one more FYE store, finding a couple of cheap five dollar cds in the cut outs and back home again. And thinking for the first time that I might have an equal in the things that I like to do. That one in a million girl that I used to sing about, the one that got away but fate has taught me that the original one in the million girl wasn't the one in a million girl for me but for somebody else.

Today I get to go to the doc's for that annual checkup, to which we assume the position and the doc gropes the hell out of me. The prostate check. I'm not looking forward to that. It's strange to think that being close to fifty that now i have to watch what i eat or do just to make it to the next day. Nicole pleads with me not to get so damn pissed off at life itself and so far I think i've done better although those Fucking Marion Bypass lights always fucking turn red in front of me. I have met it known that once I die I'm going the screw those lights up for two months, the total time i figured that I have waited for them to turn green. I certainly hope that I will have time to devote myself to being a part of Nicole's life if I stay healthy. Funny thing about life is that while i have been hanging at music stores, time has continue to pass by and we're all getting old.

Right now the fall foilage is going full tilt but alas, it's been too damn cloudy and rainy to enjoy the colors of the leaves falling. Thought about going up to Dubuque to see the leaves fall into the Mississippi River, Nicole is talking about coming out in November and December, either one or both of the two. I was thinking it would be wonderful to have her here to celebrate the New Year, which would end this decade on a high note. And hope that we don't have a blizzard or twenty below tempertures in the process. I can still feel her arm around me when traffic begins to drive me nutz. She's with me in spirit.

It's too early to be this cold outside.